Winter sucks!

bobbyn

My sons & I are waiting to see "Rogue One" movie at the mall. The kids wanted to hang with friends so I'm sitting at the sports bar at the mall ( Palisades Mall) staring at ball u& stick sports missing MC roadracing, real bad.

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, bobbyn said:

My sons & I are waiting to see "Rogue One" movie at the mall. The kids wanted to hang with friends so I'm sitting at the sports bar at the mall ( Palisades Mall) staring at ball u& stick sports missing MC roadracing, real bad.

You mean road racing as in the TT, NW 200, tangradee, Ulster?   Macau was on the other week. 

• Member Contributer

That's "roads" racing...  Yes, there is always a bit of a lull in the winter, but the next MotoGP test is on 30 January (in Sepang), the first MotoGP race is on 26 March, and the first WSBK race is on 25 February at Phillip Island.  I try to satisfy myself with NCAA football during these sad days before the "real sports" return...

Ciao,

On ‎2016‎-‎12‎-‎17 at 4:26 AM, bobbyn said:

SadViolinPlayer.jpg

• Member Contributer

I just went out and bought a WSBK championships winning bike....   :-)

A man has to to what a man has to do to beat the winter blues eh? :goofy:

• Member Contributer
On 12/17/2016 at 2:47 PM, fink said:

I always took moto GP , WSB, and other track stuff as short circuit racing. 

Road racing  taking place on public roads. 

Now that you mention it, I don't think the usage I mentioned is prevalent outside of the USA.  There it is used to differentiate from oval-track racing (both would be "short circuits"), off-road racing and drag racing.  I see that "road racing" in the UK refers to races held on "real roads", and is sometimes called "roads racing".  Note that there is no such thing as "real roads" racing in North America (except possibly in Nevada), though when they close off roads in cities like Long Beach, I suppose that qualifies (they call these "street circuits").  Irish-style road racing, out in the countryside, just doesn't exist.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer
On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 2:35 PM, JZH said:

I try to satisfy myself with NCAA football during these sad days before the "real sports" return...

Ciao,

Rugby!  :beer:

No pads, no helmets, just balls!  :cool:

My RC51 is in my dinning room getting lots of love.  Then I go outside in -30 to go to my car.  The VFR is parked open wheel side facing the car so I get to see it every day.  I hate winter.  Why am I still here.....

• Member Contributer

Winter does suck!  Maybe Christmas morning, while my wife is at church, I'll sneak out to the shop with a hot chocolate and visit my sleeping beauties.

30396074253_e606f51003_b.jpg

To the OP: I watch MotoGP with my video pass during the season, but intentionally skip the support races so I'll have something to entertain me during the off season.

Archived