Power socket locations???

Epyon007

• 3 months later...

EDIT: I don't want to remove this post yet, but I have had some major issues with this USB charger, when connected, at random when I try to start the bike, the bike will just die, the headlamp went out, and the clock etc will reset, as if the battery is dead or a fuse is gone.  I disconnected the unit and reconnected the battery and everything started as normal.  I'm not sure if it's a defective unit or not.

2nd EDIT:

I'm fairly certain at this point that it was not the charger that caused my problems but RR issues rearing their head when I fixed my overheating issues and the fans started working.

I know I'm a bit late here, but I just finished installing a unit that has a 12v, 2x USB (with a switch so they don't constantly draw), inline fuse and connects directly to the battery.

Picked it up off of Amazon (Canadian Link) https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00OGYUGHI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It came with a bar mount and a 3m adhesive pad, it slides onto the mount and locks on with a tab.

I stuck it on the left flat spot on near the instrument panel (black plastic).

I will be grabbing a sticky overlapping loop for cable management, but it has just enough slack around the bars that it does not interfere, and I routed it along the metal lines on the left side of the bike, under the tank, inside the frame and then up around the right side of the battery (the black lead is shorter, if you do the same might want to consider the right side of that black cowl).

20170601_213937.thumb.jpg.6bc19237813af71f31d14b687318afee.jpg

20170601_213916.thumb.jpg.9017db33412d01e0e03b27a2514b3402.jpg

Archived