Finally found an 8 spoke

30Bones

Found this mint and freshly coated wheel recently. Now to order a high mount delkevic to replace my low and get the front wheel coated to match. Now if I could just removed the passenger peg brackets it would clean it up even more.

IMG_0206.thumb.JPG.ce03474fdddabfd02c5af

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mmmm Perdy.  Mine is white, it looks good in on red, but SUCKS to keep clean.

My friends are white and for me would be impossible to keep clean. He's much more anal than I am

• Member Contributer
36 minutes ago, Epyon007 said:

Mmmm Perdy.  Mine is white, it looks good in on red, but SUCKS to keep clean.

All true! Fortunately for my 09, it's black and hides the brake dust much better!

Yeah that becomes the problem with white.  I photoshopped my wheels grey and gold (red with gold is my favorite) but the white and red is so nice I just live with it.  Every now and then I take the 30 minutes or so to really clean the rear wheel.  I need to find a better way to clean the front one though....

• Member Contributer

Do you ride with a passenger? Is that why you can't remove the pegs?

I have high mount Staintune and it uses the standard mount point. Simply commissioned SebSpeed to build me a hanger with the stock geometry. After that I cut the left side peg off the bracket to retain the helmet lock and seat latch. Also got a spare left side to use with my GIVI rack. Just a few extra minutes to swap out including the low mount to fit the rack. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Only reason I have the grab handles on and no solo cowl is I was on a road trip to Seb's and was using a tail bag. Wanted to show off his work on the hanger, so no GIVI either.

• Member Contributer

Wider than 4th Gen only. Same width as 5th and 6th Gens. Yes, complete bolt on with those. I believe there is some slight modification required to fit those wider wheels to the 4th Gen.

• Member Contributer

that is a Purdy bracket, when i start playing with my 3rd gen i want to do a high mount to show off the wheel ( or a left side exit) would like to clean it up like this.

That's sexy Kev. Yeah there will never be a passenger on this bike nor will the GIVI racks and luggage ever go back on. It's ugly as sin and I have a victory for touring trips now.

Nice score, now why Honda quite adding it surprises me,  but they must of felt something as the 8th gen is way cool. Just to bad it's 5 lug smh,    Mine are white,  but not just any white. LOL wouldn't matter what color though,  I'm anal so they're cleaned after every outting or 300 miles or less. 

DSC02026_zpsr4lahm9g.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Thanks man! It was wet that day, and that helped the look of it despite the lack of direct sunlight. It's got some light gold flake that pops pretty nice in the sun.

Seb's got some pics floating around of Misty Copper that look pretty sweet as well. I think mine is Oil Rubbed Bronze, or some such...

• Member Contributer

That is truly a lovely bit of aluminum. There's just something graceful about the lines of an 8 spoke. By the way you've integrated it and will coat the front to match, the wheel seems to have found an excellent owner.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 9:54 PM, RVFR said:

Nice score, now why Honda quite adding it surprises me,  but they must of felt something as the 8th gen is way cool. Just to bad it's 5 lug smh,    Mine are white,  but not just any white. LOL wouldn't matter what color though,  I'm anal so they're cleaned after every outting or 300 miles or less. 

DSC02026_zpsr4lahm9g.jpg

So is the Staintune all one piece?  That up pipe doesn't come off does it? 

Archived