my 07RWB project/build

3dcycle

• Member Contributer

ok so here is my take on what a RWB should look like, it may not be to every ones taste though I am not doing anything to drastic to it as it looks great as is. I am just going to pick up where Honda left off and finish it.

so I bought this bike about 3 months ago with 3300 miles on the bike and had about 1 month to enjoy the bike before the weather went to shit. I put 1500 miles on it in that time. after I put on apex riser bars full DMr suspension I stole from my 02. laser extreme exhaust and front brake ss brake/clutch lines 2 inches longer to maximize riser bars and for the great feel. also did pazzo shorty levers. so that is where I am at now. mostly everything I will be doing is cosmetic changes for now, waiting for tyga to do some headers and then get a rapid bike programmer, until then im happy with the power of the viffer.

current pictures

on the list of things to do:

white wheels

sebspeed clutch cover

black out anything left silver

IMG_2034.JPGIMG_2035.JPGIMG_2036.JPGIMG_2037.JPGIMG_2038.JPG 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

NOOOOOO, I didn't mention it as I don't want this thread to be about that. but you went there. I just want to unleash factory bling factor. I mean the clutch is there from the factory right? just need to unleash it.

ok no more of that

• Member Contributer

Looks great.... you'll need blue lugs with your white wheels and a Sebspeed clutch cover to really do it up right...

lugnut2.jpg

vfr.jpg

• Member Contributer

the clutch cover should be here any day :). agreed on the lug nuts, your bike looks real nice but imo the wheel stripes make them look like cheap trailer wheels. just my thought when I look at them quick.

• Member Contributer
25 minutes ago, dgordon said:

:goofy:You need the power 3D,  unle,,,, hmm.   Beautiful bike and keep us definitely in the loop with your progress.  

Dave

will do, just boring stuff today, media blasting a bunch of stuff

• Member Contributer
13 hours ago, 3dcycle said:

imo the wheel stripes make them look like cheap trailer wheels. just my thought when I look at them quick.

First time I've heard that but appreciate your honesty.  Good luck with the future build on the bike.

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, 3dcycle said:

was not to be a insult, just the first thing that popped into my head, still looks bad ass either way.

NP..  it's all good...

Thanks....

23 hours ago, 3dcycle said:

the clutch cover should be here any day :). agreed on the lug nuts, your bike looks real nice but imo the wheel stripes make them look like cheap trailer wheels. just my thought when I look at them quick.

I welded it today, it will be in the mail Monday and in your hands Wednesday.

• Member Contributer

3D, RC has done an ace job on his ride.  I'm with you though on the wheels.  Simple white is best and really detonates the colour scheme.  I'm all in favour of what makes us all happy so no best recipe imho.  As long as you like the taste. :wink:

• Member Contributer

Here is my custom plate mount. Looking for a machine shop to make one out of aluminum for me now. Fits between the laser exhaust and works with givi saddlebag mounts and looks good too. This was just a temp mount but worked flawless for 1500 miles. Made it out of old school snowboard material. Works really good.image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

• Member Contributer

it is a nice color, i did like it on my red viffer, the RWB needs white though, that and matching the color would be a pain, not sure if i could ever get a 100% match. this way i know they will match, still had to strip a brand new $800 wheel haha

• Member Contributer

yes, well I am powder coating them, they will be a satin-ish wrinkle black, same as my clutch cover when it gets back from seb.. I did a buddys red vfr in the same stuff, does not show dirt or scratches, cleans easy too. unlike the white wheels that will show everything haha.

I did my 02 in mirror gloss black which is the deepest highest gloss I could find at the time, it looked great when it was clean but scratched easy and showed it, also always dirty

• Member Contributer

image.jpg

Damn this stuff does not want to come off.

the lip comes off easy but the spokes a little harder.

for anyone with a 8 gen wants to polish the lip, shouldn't be to hard .

Will get you a quote for the plate, can wait and ship with cover.

i like the bronze wheel color, love the misty copper I had done on my CB wheels:

20160921_175739_zpsnorxvcp1.jpg

2016-10-03%2020.49.03_zpsz3mki73i.jpg

20161006_163407_zps45qxinsz.jpg

Man SEB, love that color

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived