VFR's not at UK bike show?

Carlosfandango

I looked in vain, I could not see a VFR800 or VFR1200 at the bike show in the UK.  However the 800 is in the Honda catelogue for 2017 in that funny grey/silver colour, perhaps it was camouflaged and I could not see it amongst all the other colourful Hondas?

Did I miss it, did anyone see a VFR?

Interestingly the VFR1200 is not even in the 2017 model line up

Honda range 2017.jpeg

• Member Contributer

I didn't take any pictures because I can remember what they look like.:beer:

The totty was quite nice too but I didn't take any pictures because my wife doesn't like me doing that sort of thing.

• Member Contributer
5 minutes ago, Egg on Leggs said:

The totty was quite nice too but I didn't take any pictures because my wife doesn't like me doing that sort of thing.

That doesn't usually stop you! :wink:

• Member Contributer
Just now, Egg on Leggs said:

The blood pressure does.

I had to sit down for a few minutes.

• Member Contributer
12 minutes ago, Skids said:

I had to sit down for a few minutes.

When I helped out on the IAM stand I managed to get invited to the post show party a few years ago. I spent most of the time standing up.

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Egg on Leggs said:

I didn't take any pictures because I can remember what they look like.:beer:

Unfortunately there was no VFR800 or 1200 at the AIMExpo in Orlando last month, which makes me worried that the new for '17 gray painted VFR800 will not make its way to our shores :(  I posted a thread about the AIMExpo on the other forum with lots of pics at this link but I'll attach some of the better pics here just for you Egg - lol:

http://vfrworld.com/forums/showthread.php/52016-Pics-from-AIMExpo-(-17-1000RR)

IMG_1280.JPG

IMG_1276.JPG

IMG_1277.JPG

IMG_1278.JPG

IMG_1279.JPG

• Member Contributer
2 minutes ago, GatorGreg said:

Unfortunately there was no VFR800 or 1200 at the AIMExpo in Orlando last month, which makes me worried that the new for '17 gray painted VFR800 will not make its way to our shores :(  I posted a thread about the AIMExpo on the other forum with lots of pics at this link but I'll attach some of the better pics here just for you Egg - lol:

http://vfrworld.com/forums/showthread.php/52016-Pics-from-AIMExpo-(-17-1000RR)

Thank you.:491:

Both VFR's were at the NEC, the 800 was harder to spot being in the centre beneath the RC-V pedestal.

The 800 was in the new Grey, have to admit it's a nice colour for this model.

• Member Contributer

Honda seems to be repeating the pattern for the 6th gen - basically the same machine each year offered in a different color.  So far the 8th gen has been red ( similar to '02, '05 and others), white (as with '06), black, tho not in the US ('06, '09), grey ('08), so now apparently we should be waiting for iterations over the next few model years in silver, candy red, flat black, RWB and maybe in some markets cobalt blue.   I guess I don't mind - as long as they keep making them! 

Thanks guys, I must look harder next time!  I was looking for something red, not sure how I missed it as I looked round the stand at least twice! ('should have gone to specsavers', sorry, one for the UK readers there).

BTW anyone try the new Ducati Supersport? nice bike but not as well finished as the VFR IMHO and the seating position was strange, it seemed to trap you into one position, not one for moving around, any thoughts on sitting on this for a long period?

In the USA there wont be any VFR1200F at any motorcycle shows because the bike was discontinued in the USA after the 2013 model year (I was told that by the dealer when I bought my 2014 VFR800F). It is still being sold elsewhere though. There were dealers in the USA with 2010 VFR1200F still sitting in the showrooms in 2014 and 2015 that they couldnt sell.

Archived