Just picked up an 83. Need some help locating some hoses and clamps plz

MadMike05

Hello all and thank you for having this site available.

I did some searching through the boards but didn't see a solution to my problems.

I picked up a 83 750 that runs and is in pretty good shape. My intentions were to fix it up and resell in the spring, but as I learn about the bikes history I may keep it.

The last guy disconnected the fuel lines and ran it off a separate tank due to rust in gas tank.

I cleaned out the rust and sealed the tank. From what I can tell the gas flows from the rear of the tank, to the fuel filter, to the fuel pump.. Up and across to a nipple on the left carburetor... Is that correct?

My throttle side handlebar isn't locked in. By that I mean the throttle tube and switch housing moves freely along the handlebar.

I've taken apart the switch housing but don't see any studs or places where the switch housing would secure into the handlebars.

20161117_162649.jpg

• Member Contributer

Welcome Madmike,

OK you are mad, but no need to shout with the large format text! :-)

This may be in French, but it will help you find the partnumbers for your internet search for vendors

http://www.bike-parts-honda.com/Catalog/Honda/0750_VF750FD_FE_FF_Microfiches_Honda.html

• Member Contributer

Hi MadMike, welcome....
Haha, you thought you were going to do a quick turnaround....Mmm, you just can't let go of that V4 sound and feel.
Search www.hondarestorations.com, there's also a Dutch site that is linked through them and has most of the parts still new.
Best of luck, don't buy everything I may need some in the future.....

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I actually copied and pasted from somewhere else which has no activity on their forums.

My apologies if my pasted text was in caps. Didn't mean it.

I might keep the interceptor depending on how upset it makes me haha.

I'm really trying to find out how to start switch assembly affixed to the handlebars. I can figure out the fuel lines.. Hopefully 

20161117_162630.jpg

• Member Contributer

Everything in life can upset us, it's how we deal with it....and with bikes, how much enjoyment we get from them!
My CBR600 front end for my build VF has little locating pins into handle bars on brake reservoir, then switch gear locks into that. Looked at my VF brake and clutch setup, they have a raised line that grabs onto the handle bar, then the switches should have a little section that slots into place around where you bolt the brake setup.
Be a good idea to source yourself a Clymer handbook from eBay or an online version.
For now if you need pictures just ask.

Thank you for the reply Forbes.

I have the Clymer manual for the bike but i couldn't see any pictures for the switch assembly.

So as I understand it, there should be a stud on the switch assembly that locks the switch to the handlebars?

I know that's the norm on most modern bikes but I don't see that on my switch assembly.

I do see a hole in the bottom of the handlebar, is this where the switch would lock itself to?

20161123_213918_HDR.jpg

• Member Contributer

Hi Madmike, so had a look at my spares, see attached pictures. There is a notch in the brake reservoir clamp, but it appears to give clearance for the cables coming out of the throttle switch block.
In your picture the Gold cadmium plated strip on the lower block appears to be the locking system, see my picture. I'm assuming that when you tighten the screws that plate squeezes around the handle bar. If it's not holding you may need to run some shim around it at that area?
Hope this helps...9790129d03e96baa6426b1592b31cb56.jpg2fcbd7876b173f67b1514882219b4cf7.jpgc9351d17696fc97bf5f19e03a3bd63bc.jpg

I will give that a shot thank you Forbes.

Doesn't seem like the best system since this was the first "street bike". Surely the assembly would move while someone was racing on the track? 

Thank you again!!!

Archived