Here's your chance

RVFR

Hard to believe and of all places,  but yea here it is.  so if one was even slightly interested might want to sell a left nut before it's gone.  note,  as there wasn't a place for this, but felt since it is the newest version right?  ;)     http://www.ebay.com/itm/192028441687?rmvSB=true

• Member Contributer
I'll save my left nut for something with more hp than my 8th gen - according to this article the USA model only has 101 hp and is rev limited to 9,400 rpm.  To make matters worse, the optional "sports kit" to obtain the full "closed course only" 212 hp isn't available for sale in the USA :(

• Member Contributer

Says the auction ended a couple hours ago and that "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available." What does that mean in English? Its been a few years since I bought anything so I'm not up on my ebay speak.

Did anyone catch what the highest bid was before it ended? Did the seller end it prematurely or was that the scheduled ending time? Did the reserve ever get met? I wanted to see what price it would fetch.

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, windyrun said:

or a tuono --- cause its a v4 and sounds the part

Wait, its natural habitat is a gas station?  That can't be good - lol. Sounds fantastic though.  I must get quickshifter!

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, GatorGreg said:

Says the auction ended a couple hours ago and that "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available." What does that mean in English? Its been a few years since I bought anything so I'm not up on my ebay speak.

Did anyone catch what the highest bid was before it ended? Did the seller end it prematurely or was that the scheduled ending time? Did the reserve ever get met? I wanted to see what price it would fetch.

That means the seller ended the sale on their end. Someone local could have purchased it, or they changed their mind, etc. Basically they pulled it off the block. eBay lets you do that but if you do it a bunch they aren't keen. Happens a lot for auto / motorbike sales.

Gas station is def part of a Tuono's natural habitat. At least for my V2's.

You can't hardly not twist the throttle to hear the song and feel the rush. :cheerleader:

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, GatorGreg said:

No bids.  Too bad there's no way of finding out the reserve.   That would only end up with a high end collector.  For the average Schmo', even if they could afford the entry price, when they go to the insurance company and get a policy on it, the underwriters are going to be saying "whaaa, huuuh,  - whatz that again?  A race bike?  Never heard of it.  That'll cost you your first born and 3 nights with your wife to insure."   Like an NR, a nice day dream, but for the vast majority never gonna happen. 

• Member Contributer
26 minutes ago, Cogswell said:

No bids.  Too bad there's no way of finding out the reserve.   That would only end up with a high end collector.  For the average Schmo', even if they could afford the entry price, when they go to the insurance company and get a policy on it, the underwriters are going to be saying "whaaa, huuuh,  - whatz that again?  A race bike?  Never heard of it.  That'll cost you your first born and 3 nights with your wife to insure."   Like an NR, a nice day dream, but for the vast majority never gonna happen. 

It definitely had some bids a few days ago.  When I first followed the link to the auction I think it had twenty something bids for a little over $100K.  But when I checked today to see the final results it now says 0 bids and it was ended by the seller.  So I guess it reset the bids back to zero.  I wonder if the bid history is still saved somewhere?

• Member Contributer

eBay auctions are "flexible".  There are auctions where the seller is willing to accept the highest bid, regardless, and potentially lose money in exchange for getting rid of the item.  But there are other auctions where the seller is hoping to create a bidding war where the price escalates above what they could realistically get in a straight up classified ad.  Given that this is a rare, expensive motorcycle and an "instant classic", clearly not purchased for any other reason than to make money for the seller, which kind of auction this is should be fairly clear.  It won't sell for anything less than what they paid for it, and they'll hang on to it until it does.  Sorry!

Ciao,

Archived