Left exhaust

Epyon007

• Member Contributer

It was only really done on the RC30/45 and NC30/35, so never on the "road" bikes.  The reason was to aid rear wheel changes during endurance races, but with the SSSA, it can be tricky to get clearance for the pipe on the left.  I had some underseats made for mine...

Ciao,

Yeah I know why it was done for racing.  I just wonder why they didn't leave it for the road bikes....  I'm sure there was some BS reason that no one really knows.

• Member Contributer

The reason they don't do left exhaust for the road bikes generally is because they are road bikes & the passenger footpegs get in the way.

• Member Contributer

The centre stand is the problem, many moons ago you could get a left hand system for the VFR's. From memory I think you have to remove the centre stand. Search through the forum and should find a couple of members bikes fitted with them.

ugghhh So much want....  I don't understand why everyone doesn't do this all the time....  Ok center stand not withstanding...

Is that at Miller Motorsports Park?

It's funny.  I had a Honda 919 with under tail exhaust and everyone complained about the 'stink'.  The under tail exhaust dumped the (rich) exhaust in the low pocket area right behind the rider.  I personally didn't mind showing up to work smelling like unburnt fuel, but not everyone felt the same.  It's actually become a popular mod to change the under tail dual exhaust to a single sided low mount exhaust.  Granted, the 919 doesn't have a SSS, but I find it fascinating that VFR owner's opinions are polar opposite of what I've been accustomed to.

I'd actually prefer to see an under belly exhaust... but one that still works with the center stand.

Hmmmm the stink eh?  I had a Daytona 675 and a Street Triple and I can't say I ever noticed that about the.  I have high mounts on my RC51 also and same there...

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Epyon007 said:

ugghhh So much want....  I don't understand why everyone doesn't do this all the time....  Ok center stand not withstanding...

Is that at Miller Motorsports Park?

Yep :) ops checked her at a track day there..... :)  My "Street" / traveler has the centerstand and I can't bring myself to eliminate it....

It's funny.  I had a Honda 919 with under tail exhaust and everyone complained about the 'stink'.  The under tail exhaust dumped the (rich) exhaust in the low pocket area right behind the rider.  I personally didn't mind showing up to work smelling like unburnt fuel, but not everyone felt the same.  It's actually become a popular mod to change the under tail dual exhaust to a single sided low mount exhaust.  Granted, the 919 doesn't have a SSS, but I find it fascinating that VFR owner's opinions are polar opposite of what I've been accustomed to.

I'd actually prefer to see an under belly exhaust... but one that still works with the center stand.

I thinks it's just the desire to have something different. Low-slung and under-motor exhausts were also becoming the norm in its heyday.

And I miss the smell my 599 left on me.

I get told all the time that I smell like gas lol. For some reason my bike idles at like 12:1 (maybe I need a new FPR), its pretty stable at 13.2:1 while moving though. I guess thats the price we pay for fancy catless headers and tuning for a smooth running VFR.

1 hour ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

I get told all the time that I smell like gas lol. For some reason my bike idles at like 12:1 (maybe I need a new FPR), its pretty stable at 13.2:1 while moving though. I guess thats the price we pay for fancy catless headers and tuning for a smooth running VFR.

Black Widow I assume.

ROFLMAO  I tell ya, some threads are really worth reading through.    Personally I liked the look of the dual exhaust on the 86-7 vfr, plain and simple,  but then it didn't have the SSSA,  so yea ok.

Archived