Hello from Melbourne

Blazerdman

So just realised I haven't really formally introduced myself yet here despite being active for near 2 months now.

So to make a long story short I'm from grand old Melbourne, Australia and my VFR is an '02 6th gen in dark blue with black rims. Current mods to date are a full Delkevic 300mm exhaust, AIS block offs, flapper, pair valve, snorkel mod, new blue shorty levers, blue gel grips, blue bar ends, blue fairing bolts, I'm blue daba deda be die, you get the point the bike is really fucking blue.

Current mods in the works:

-Seb's custom window clutch cover, just sent to him so hope to have that back in 2 weeks or so, and will be painting the pressure plate blue (of course, can you tell what my favourite colour is?)

-Single nut rear wheel conversion (1098 rear wheel and cush drive)

-Front end swap from a CBR954 (but with a 1098 wheel and rotors)

-Spray paint frame and swingarm matte black instead of that gawdy silver/gray

-Replace the radiators with those from the RWB anniversary coz they're black

-May end up making the fairing matte black to make all the Purdy blue parts stand out more who knows or I'll swap to the RWB colour scheme

-Supercharger (if I can ever find one since the company who used to make them went under this might be impossible)

-Overbore, this might never happen

All in all it is my current commuter/project as my bio on the left suggests, however it is currently down while the clutch cover is off to Seb for the window mod. And I would also like to thank everyone that's helped me out already with little bits of advice here and there this forum is probably the single best source of info I've come across.

• Member Contributer

Saw your name on Seb's list, I was going to tackle the mod myself, but when I saw the thread and your comment about posting from Aus, I jumped on board. Yet to send mine x2, for VF750f, been buying parts for my build, collecting a mini lathe this Saturday for turning all small bits for my build.
But now the standard request, pictures....
And welcome from QLD. Gold Coast.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

The photo's I was supposed to provide like 2 month's ago with the newly installed Sebspeed clutch cover and my first attempt at spray painting at the pressure plate (will be re-doing it coz I fucked up the primer/base coat).

20170117_192410.jpg20170117_192424.jpg20170117_192440.jpg

Archived