8th gen minor updates for 2017

andrearonin

I don't know what he's saying but both bikes look great.

I love that they are continuing the 8th gen :)

They need to bring the cross runner to the US - one of the best looking adventure bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Looks like they took the exhaust off a Peterbilt.  Rather over-bearing for an ~ 800cc motorcycle.  

2 hours ago, Bent said:

Looks like they took the exhaust off a Peterbilt.  Rather over-bearing for an ~ 800cc motorcycle.  

Looks better than the previous one but yeah, still pretty ugly especially considering that it still blocks the rear wheel/single side swingarm.  I like the color combo even better than the white.

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Bent said:

Euro standards will be the death of combustion engine powered motorcycles.

I like the grey, too bad it's bronze accents and not all grey, though.

• Member Contributer

Euro standards will be the death of combustion engine powered motorcycles

I know, right? Euro 4 comes along and we're getting 1000cc bikes with just 200 hp now. Remember back in the day when regulations were much more relaxed and we were riding rocket ships with twice that power?

• Member Contributer
8 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I know, right? Euro 4 comes along and we're getting 1000cc bikes with just 200 hp now. Remember back in the day when regulations were much more relaxed and we were riding rocket ships with twice that power?

I'm sure the CBR600RR is delighted to hear that :D

Quite encouraging really, I thought they might consider the 8th gen not worth tinkering with but if they're producing updates (even minor ones like new colours and an ever-so-slightly-less-ugly can) they must be happy to go on building them which means they think they can still sell them. Not sure about lo-vis grey though! :)

• Member Contributer

Whether Honda is going to continue making the VFR (Interceptor?) has been a topic of conversation for well over a decade.  Honda did quit making VFR's and introduced what people call the 7th gen.  They sat in dealer showrooms and hardly moved though a few people like them.  Then Honda went back to the VFR.  If they quit making them, so what?  There are a lot of great bikes out there.  

• Member Contributer

honda must be happy with the vfr since I've read that euro 4 changes are significant to develop and implement and I think i read was one reason the cbr600 was dropped since it wasn't worth the investment

• Member Contributer
15 hours ago, Bent said:

Whether Honda is going to continue making the VFR (Interceptor?) has been a topic of conversation for well over a decade.  Honda did quit making VFR's and introduced what people call the 7th gen.  They sat in dealer showrooms and hardly moved though a few people like them.  Then Honda went back to the VFR.  If they quit making them, so what?  There are a lot of great bikes out there.  

It's a misconception that they stopped making them, they just stopped importing them into the U.S. The 6 Gen as we (U.S.) know it was still being made/sold up to 2013 elsewhere around the world. Then they released the 2014 A.K.A. 8 Gen.

• Member Contributer
On November 18, 2016 at 0:23 AM, Duc2V4 said:

It's a misconception that they stopped making them, they just stopped importing them into the U.S. The 6 Gen as we (U.S.) know it was still being made/sold up to 2013 elsewhere around the world. Then they released the 2014 A.K.A. 8 Gen.

Thank you for correcting my ignorance.  I though they dropped the VFR for a few years.  Wonder why they dropped it in the U. S. and offered the "7th gen." which has been a sales flop.  No disrespect to the people that like them.  There's something for everybody out there.  

I was also surprised at news of this 'updated' version because they also stopped building them for a while when the Kumamoto plant where most if not all the VFRs are built was closed for several months after the serious earthquakes there earlier this year. I'd have thought they wouldn't have bothered restarting production if they didn't think they could sell them. 

Archived