Exhaust - Akrapovic or Arrow?

Rambler358

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

As for weight/reference, the OEM 4th gen muffler is 6.1 kilo. The CF/titanium Akrapovic 1.6.........

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, fatshoutybloke said:

Weighed my OEM 8th gen when I fitted the Arrow, 4.9 kilos; Arrow (alloy, not titanium) 2.6 kilos.

My Delk Carbon mini weighed in at just under 4 pounds including the baffle, connector pipe, and hanger.  I took the baffle out and ithe baffle weighed just over 4 ounces on its own, so without the baffle the Delk weighs just under 3.75 pounds including the connector pipe and hanger.

When I put the stock exhaust on the same scale it said "overloaded" - LOL - so I had to use a bigger scale which read 10.8 pounds.  So the Delk cuts just over 7 pounds compared to stock which allows me to eat more pizza and cheeseburgers :)

IMG_1206.JPG

IMG_1208.JPG

IMG_1210.JPG

IMG_1211.JPG

• Member Contributer

The stock exhaust is a behemoth.  A slip-on is a necessity for an 8th gen. if you want better balance and performance.  The Delk does make a significant difference.

• Member Contributer
10 minutes ago, Bent said:

The stock exhaust is a behemoth.

And it bears an uncanny (pun intended) resemblance in both size and appearance to the Tin Man - LOL

IMG_1281.JPG

On 23/11/2016 at 4:34 PM, Epyon007 said:

Agreed there.  People need to make videos of the bike being used to get a better feel for how it sounds.  Over reving the bike on its side stand isn't helping.  Dyno videos, that's more where it's at IMO.

this kinda thing then 

Tried to take a video on Iphone of my arrows without baffles but the result is nothing like the actual sound so I won't post it. It sounds like half a v8 with a deep rumble and even better when reved. I just love the sound and have had many compliments. It is distinctive.

On November 24, 2016 at 0:25 PM, vtwindr said:

this kinda thing then 

Love the sound!, Is this the best hp gain of any exhausts out there? 4.5hp is impressive, maybe even too good to b true from a exhaust only. 

• 7 months later...
  • Member Contributer
On 11/11/2016 at 11:27 PM, Pjcliffo said:

Here's mine

IMG_4748.JPG

I love the look of that Arrow slipon in this pic! Is it safe to assume no issues with the Honda oem panniers?? Can anyone confirm please, thanks!

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, Pjcliffo said:

Absolutely no problem with the panniers, I use them, and the sound without the baffle is awesome.

Thanks! 

Are you running a powercommander or no? If no, any issues or is it running normal?

2 hours ago, VifferJ said:

Thanks! 

Are you running a powercommander or no? If no, any issues or is it running normal?

No power commander and running great and easy to fit.

17 hours ago, zegued said:

Well I just installed the Delkevic 200mm... :tongue:

19944502_10213980754581801_8830201356066

Looks great Zeg - is that the stainless 8 inch? You running it with or without the baffle?

How's the sound compared to stock when you're underway? Does it drone at 4-5K RPM?

2 hours ago, LucaBrasi said:

Looks great Zeg - is that the stainless 8 inch? You running it with or without the baffle?

How's the sound compared to stock when you're underway? Does it drone at 4-5K RPM?

Hi,

It's the 200mm Stainless Steel version! I'm running it with the baffler and the diference is BIG compared to stock. 

I did notice a flat spot around the 3k and 4k rpm. Not very perceptive, but is there.

Not a fan of the look of that can.  It seems crude and foreign to the rest of the bike.  Perhaps a matte finish might make it less objectionable.

The Arrow and the Akrapovic look far more "finished" "designed" and "professional".  I do understand the cost difference.

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, LucaBrasi said:

I have same exhaust as Zeg (carbon version instead of stainless though) and if you're just cruising around under VTEC rpm it's not too loud IMO.  Here's a vid I just did with no baffle so you can hear for yourself.  In 6th gear you can cruise all the way up to around 95mph I believe before you reach the VTEC transition.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, LucaBrasi said:

LOL the "disney maze" I've been lost in there before ....

Yeah I've lived in the area for many years and have been there a bazillion times and I still get lost - LOL.  The roads are very nice, I don't think I've ever encountered a single pothole on Disney property!  Here's another one I did the same day on/near Disney - I'm still trying to map out the ultimate Disney moto-circuit to include some high-speed straightaways and on/off ramps :tongue:

Archived