:491:

Hi

I was unfortunate to have a blowout on my rear tire while on my way home a few days ago.:mad: So I had to get a new set of tires for my 2010, VFR1200.

After reading comments on this and other sites :happy: and some other research, I decided to again buy a set of Michelin Pilot Road 4 tires. That is what I had on.

So then came the big search to get the best deal. I am in Vancouver Canada. I am close to the US border so not a big deal to go get tires down south.

We do have a number of good places up here, but I always like to shop around for a deal. Someone on this site mentioned a (previously  unknown to me) supplier down south with some great deals.

Then just to get my ducks in a row I compared all local dealers in Vancouver.  That turned out to be an eye-opener. I got a price quote as high as $762 Canadian. That price still did not include an environmental fee of $10, installation $100 plus 12% tax. Total $976 Canadian.($725 US)  Down in Trump world that same set is $343 (US). With the exchange rate US to Canadian that is $461 Canadian.

Shipping would be free to my US postal address, (yes we Canadians do that) but then I have to go pick it up and bring it back and have it installed. Taxes and installation will put that at around $590 (CA) 

Not all the local Vancouver shops were out of their minds.  Two places stood out. I want to make it clear I have no contact with them and get nothing from this post. In fact they will not even know who I am. But here goes.

http://www.2ndgearmotorsport.com/

2nd Gear Motorsport in Coquitlam, BC. All fees, taxes and installed $631 (CA) so $469 (US)

Bayside Performance did it all in for $612 (CA) so $455 (Trump money) 

https://www.baysideperformance.ca/

Just saying; All you riders in Trump Land. Look up North. There may be some deals to be had.

• Member Contributer

I order my tires from www.fortnine.com (formerly Canada's Motorcycle). With the dollar as it is, the pricing is actually less than I can get from south of the border.

My last set of tires were Bridgestone BT-023 from Fortnine. With the mail in rebate they came to around $200 CAD -- $150 USD.

• Member Contributer

With exchange rate lately Been using petes-superbike.com last time i bought tires in summer was slightly cheaper than jake wilson and shipped to my door.

If your in Vancouver  theses guys are very reasonable to mount your tires especially if your tires are off the bike  mspeedperformance.com  or essentialmotorcycleservices.ca

• 1 year later...

Pete's Superbike has been good to me and is usually $20-60 cheaper for a pair. I install and balance my own so it is much cheaper going to a Canadian Online retailer.

Archived