• Member Contributer
22 minutes ago, jhenley17 said:

Any number basically rounds down to zero.

I'm sure it would only be a few dollars more to do a baseline run, just a power vs. speed graph like they do at dyno days so they don't have to hook anything up, that will show the power curves of both ECUs. If the G truly is better, there's no reason to even bother with the A.

The ECU boxes are somewhat of a mystery, It's not that easy for me to justify endless DynoJet tuning and the shops are not particularly easy to work with around here, they are mostly tuning  nitrous bikes.?

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
12 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

Hit it with a 25 shot and you might actually make the numbers that you claim lol

I dunno, I found this YouTube videos of 2001 VFR 800 with a full two brothers system doing a Dyno test and it only produced 103 whp, so now I'm thinking I'm off about 10 whp and instead of 115 whp I need to be downgrading my expectation to entertaining 105 whp and settle for anything over 100 whp as "max power success" and the ECU G is ok because it's affecting "ridability"  by reducing engine breaking only and might be running a bit cooler with a slight and favorable difference in the ignition timing, plus this way I won't be getting all the various aspersions from irate forum members, so if you are ok with this "shift" in expectations next I can proceed to making and posting videos and enlist positive fellow VFR commrady, with total forgiveness and vindication ? ?

What you need to do is shift your view to "all dynos are different and absolute numbers are to be taken less seriously than the power difference between runs". But yeah you are on the right track. That 103 could have been 95 on one dyno and 120 on another. 100whp is more inline with the max factory power goal. No one is irate, but many are not taking this seriously anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
39 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

What you need to do is shift your view to "all dynos are different and absolute numbers are to be taken less seriously than the power difference between runs". But yeah you are on the right track. That 103 could have been 95 on one dyno and 120 on another. 100whp is more inline with the max factory power goal. No one is irate, but many are not taking this seriously anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The absolute truth is this VFR is significantly faster and runs cooler with this combination of mods. Here is informative data on exhausts to support ?

VFR Owners's Summary Reports Aftermarket Exhaust Systems

Sent from my iPhone

11 minutes ago, 2k1GoneWild said:

The absolute truth is this VFR is significantly faster and runs cooler with this combination of mods. Here is informative data on exhausts to support

VFR Owners's Summary Reports Aftermarket Exhaust Systems

Sent from my iPhone

Nice irrelevant side track to feelings of slip-on exhausts for 3rd and 4th gen vfr's with and without carb rejetting.

Butt dynos are absolute proof of nothing. You can feel smoother response or power delivery and average your MPG over a few tanks, but it stops there. Nothing objective is proven without instruments.

4 minutes ago, slowbird said:

That video of the VFR on the Dyno. Looks like it just has a Slip on. Not a full TBR exhaust.

I could be mistaken though

As usual the OP doesn't have a clue. That is a factory 2000/2001 catted header, some pepboys flex pipe and chopped up two brothers muffler. The AFR is all over the place, because the power commander isn't mapped correctly. Another irrelevant post by the OP. I have no clue why OP though that was a full system lol.

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

Nice irrelevant side track to feelings of slip-on exhausts for 3rd and forth gen vfr's with and without carb rejetting.

Ok , as promised, I finally got a sturdy cam mount here my daily afternoon ride (under clear skies with slight wind). I put the Staintune restrictor back on to get a bit of more mid-range, this is the entire actual ride, so now you'll see how I have opportunities to repetitively road test under ideal conditions. This was taken 5 mins ago it's just where it's at now, it's pretty darn good (if you ask me) and much better than when I first got it, it runs cooler, faster and sounds fantastic, so to recap this is about 2 months of weekend wrenching and $5k in readily available parts : $1000- full SS exhaut, $1500- DMr Suspension $500- PC3, ECU G, there another $1k for the clutch window and new stator and rectifier and some other stuff. I'm into this VFR rebuild a total of about $8k ($3k used bike + $5k Parts upgrade) including a soon to be brand new Corbin seat. ?

IMG_4256.mp4

• Member Contributer

Like we all nee a recap! This thread is burned into our brains....it's like a soap opera, miss ten to twenty posts and still same thing going on...

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
3 minutes ago, 3dcycle said:

$1500 for DMR? his stuff is good but not $1500 im all in for 1100. why do you always over pay for the stuff

You can't "unleash" your suspensions maximum potential for only $1100.  duh.

• Member Contributer
10 minutes ago, Captain 80s said:

You can't "unleash" your suspensions maximum potential for only $1100.  duh.

I spent extra money on the seal setting tool, bushings, new seals, fork oil plus the front and rear bike stands but it was worth every cent, Jamie is a genius I  ?

• Member Contributer

I for one will not be getting critical about how others spend their money on upgrades. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone!

BTW the video link doesn't work for me.

• Member Contributer

I not critical about how anybody spends there money, I spend just as much but he said DMR-$1500 not DMR + seals+ oil+ bushing + front and rear stands for $1500. if you are going to break down cost break them down and be fairly accurate. $1500 for DMR + stands is decent pricing.

1 hour ago, crakerjac said:

I tried giving the guy the benefit of the doubt... but that video was almost unwatchable...

12-2-2016 2-36-19 PM.jpg

Dito,  that was like bugging me out,  and still didn't get anything outa of it  Gota give Chris credit to standing his grounds  even as shaky it is..  SMH   notice he as toned down his estimate out put to 105 now  ;) 

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Terry said:

I for one will not be getting critical about how others spend their money on upgrades. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone!

BTW the video link doesn't work for me.

Try this one hang if it opens you'll see me take a left turn and then I run through about 5 gears full throttle ?

IMG_4256.mp4

IMG_4259.mp4

I dunno, I found this YouTube videos of 2001 VFR 800 with a full two brothers system doing a Dyno test and it only produced 103 whp, so now I'm thinking I'm off about 10 whp and instead of 115 whp I need to be downgrading my expectation to entertaining 105 whp and settle for anything over 100 whp as "max power success" and the ECU G is ok because it's affecting "ridability"  by reducing engine breaking only and might be running a bit cooler with a slight and favorable difference in the ignition timing, plus this way I won't be getting all the various aspersions from irate forum members, so if you are ok with this "shift" in expectations next I can proceed to making and posting videos and enlist positive fellow VFR commrady, with total forgiveness and vindication ? 

So there's the escape clause right there. Your butt dyno just let your brain fart out. Boy what a stink bomb. SBD: Silent but deadly.

BTW, it's not all BHP, there's also torque. A 6th gen supposedly has more HP sauce but due to VTEC, will see a 5th gen pull away from lower revs out of a tight corner onto a straight but the 6th gen will out run the 5th gen if the straight is long enough and a 6th gen's cornering speed is potentially higher due to its rolling chassis being overall better suited (suspension upgrades being equal; remember all other factors must be considered equal for any comparison to be worth anything). Why? Since the 5th gen has all 4 valves at all RPMs, it is torquey-er than the 6th below 6500 RPM.

In the end this is all meaningless, it's the rider that makes all the difference. You put a hamfisted newby on a Panigale and a half-decent rider on a Kwaker 750 and, straights aside we know who'll make the chequered flag first.

Yet, to quote a much admired and fellow antipodean member; "It's a tour not a race, but don't get in my way while I'm touring!!"

• Member Contributer
8 minutes ago, Auspanglish said:

So there's the escape clause right there. Your butt dyno just let your brain fart out. Boy what a stink bomb. SBD: Silent but deadly.

BTW, it's not all BHP, there's also torque. A 6th gen supposedly has more HP sauce but due to VTEC, will see a 5th gen pull away from lower revs out of a tight corner onto a straight but the 6th gen will out run the 5th gen if the straight is long enough and a 6th gen's cornering speed is potentially higher due to its rolling chassis being overall better suited (suspension upgrades being equal; remember all other factors must be considered equal for any comparison to be worth anything). Why? Since the 5th gen has all 4 valves at all RPMs, it is torquey-er than the 6th below 6500 RPM.

In the end this is all meaningless, it's the rider that makes all the difference. You put a hamfisted newby on a Panigale and a half-decent rider on a Kwaker 750 and, straights aside we know who'll make the chequered flag first.

Yet, to quote a much admired and fellow antipodean member; "It's a tour not a race, but don't get in my way while I'm touring!!"

Just now, Auspanglish said:

Addendum: A video of a bike riding down the road "don't mean shiznit" (sic).

Archived