• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, 2k1GoneWild said:

...and then after it all works great then all the forum pundits dispute and attack everything you say or do, so again thank you ?

In all fairness, your use of certain phrases ("unleash factory power" etc) confuses folk and makes it seem like you don't really understand what you are doing and then you claim, despite the assertions of some guys on here who have a very good reputation for understanding the VFR and how to improve performance, that you can do what they say you can't, then you make claims of increased hp based purely on your "butt" with no actual proof. It's hardly surprising that you get flamed for making what sounds like ludicrous claims. Perhaps if you chose more orthodox language instead of the way you do it, it would make things easier and you wouldn't feel so defensive.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
28 minutes ago, Skids said:

In all fairness, your use of certain phrases ("unleash factory power" etc) confuses folk and makes it seem like you don't really understand what you are doing and then you claim, despite the assertions of some guys on here who have a very good reputation for understanding the VFR and how to improve performance, that you can do what they say you can't, then you make claims of increased hp based purely on your "butt" with no actual proof. It's hardly surprising that you get flamed for making what sounds like ludicrous claims. Perhaps if you chose more orthodox language instead of the way you do it, it would make things easier and you wouldn't feel so defensive.

So the big looming question is how much horsepower abs torque will these mods produce on the DynoJet and cost f a custom fuel will add a few more ponies for the grand total and will it be under or over 110 whp and if so will then the DynoJet be the focus of the attacks as a high output Dyno ? Meanwhile  and until then I'll make some videos when the tank mounted smartphone holder gets here from Hungary.?

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, 2k1GoneWild said:

Precisely and this receipe of ECU G with the second snorkel and aftermarket filter with the brand new SS Black Widow Headers connected to the Staintune High Level was all pre-configured when I  saw PC 3 had Euro ECU fuel map files available. This is no doubt the VFR totally factory power unleashed using this formula (know + how = total factory power) Thank you for taking my the time to look up the ECU part numbers, it's good to know it's a 98 ECU G (Germany) I spent hours searching and comparing ECU part numbers and sub-part numbers, it was just pure luck I found this one in Germany after an ECU seller in UK said it was too much trouble to ship to USA, just a stroke of luck but none of this is really easy, you have to spend time searching and researching, then spend hard earned money, then wait weeks and risk it will be what's required when it gets installled and then after it all works great then all the forum pundits dispute and attack everything you say or do, so again thank you ?

You are welcome.  I'm no expert in these matters, but I've decided that you don't strike me as a troll, rather, you appear to exhibit signs of Asperger Syndrome.  If that is correct, you might find that people communicate better with you if you mention this.  Otherwise, they may be confused by your repeated use of particular words and phrases and react as if you are deliberately trying to wind them up.  Good luck.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, JZH said:

You are welcome.  I'm no expert in these matters, but I've decided that you don't strike me as a troll, rather, you appear to exhibit signs of Asperger Syndrome.  If that is correct, you might find that people communicate better with you if you mention this.  Otherwise, they may be confused by your repeated use of particular words and phrases and react as if you are deliberately trying to wind them up.  Good luck.

Ciao,

So does that now mean when my VFR dyno's over 110 whp, then I will no longer have a rare personality disorder diagnosis ? ?

3 hours ago, JZH said:

Ciao,

And then there's this cat imecon or what ever at the end of every quote, whats that about?

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, RVFR said:

And then there's this cat imecon or what ever at the end of every quote, whats that about?

Consistency ?

• Member Contributer
4 minutes ago, duccmann said:

It just keeps going and going and going and going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right now I'm in the midst of installing the DMr cartridges but I decided to go ahead and replace the seals and fork bushings so am waiting for those parts to arrive. Last week I sent an OEM clutch engine case and stator to Gerhard at Thurn MS to have th derby window installed and get the stator rewound, it will be returned in the next 3-4 weeks with a upgraded Rectifier. At that point I will drain the oil and install a Barnett carbon fiber clutch kit and reassemble with the derby window. I still have a few other money mini-mods to finish on like the o2 eliminator, the add-on Rectifier fan and the gear indicator plus the RDMOTO short levers and bar ends and that smartphone holder from Hungary. A few other frills like a Rear Hub cover and the Corbin seat should be here any day. This VFR is going to look, sound and feel great plus go as fast as possible with 100% factory power unleashed ?

• Member Contributer

To 2kgonewild.....

I havent followed this whole thread, but the last few pages and am getting the jest of it.......-----This forum has been around 10 years or so and since i am on multiple motorcycle forums and admitted geek foole ---  I can say with out a doubt that the guys on this forum are probably the most technically capable motorcycle tech people and VFR experts on the planet. We have guys that have built mind blowing street fighters from scratch that were better than an OEM bike - Guys that have torn down and bored the engine plus a whole host of throttle body tweeks and airbox mods and ecu reflashes --- Others have port and polished heads/cams and you name it mods- Adding to the list --- Created and welded their own custom headers -  Total suspension swaps from other motorcycles-  Ohlins fork installs - Total brake system swaps - - Way too may charging system analysis and fixes, - -Many guys sell improvement parts that are far superior to what you can buy on the open market - ---- and really you name it --- near anything from a technical motorcycle geeks tech viewpoint, it has be done here. 

-- So I do  know that from living here near daily from my 8ish years here, that the gang here just wants to contribute to the community and if we can, help a VFR brother out. So as a newbie guy, I suggest hang around awhile, search a few items, and maybe you will find that some of the "work" you are doing may be unnecessary and not current tech or the best way. For example, rewinding a stator on a 5th gen12k bike, would be unneeded for now....  

Peace

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, duccmann said:

It just keeps going and going and going and going

VFRD . . . gluttons for punishment / masochists - or maybe both.  :wacko:

2 hours ago, duccmann said:

So when's the dyno scheduled? Just asking

Inquiring minds want to know.

On 11/21/2016 at 7:15 AM, CandyRedRC46 said:

For the millionth time, this is all the power that every Black widow, Delkevic, Motad, 98/99 copy and 98/99 factory header is holding back.

Everything you have said has been based on opinion. You have never Dyno'd anything, while others have posted Dynos. This is proof of how much restriction 31mm exhaust primaries have compared to proper 35mm inner diameter exhaust primaries.

Also if I ever rode next to you, I would blow your bike off of the road :)

motad vs two brothers.jpeg

THIS is a nice dyno chart for a VFR.

• Member Contributer

I wish this topic would get locked. I'd love to not see it on my feed, but I don't think I can selectively ignore the entire thread.

Few questions, now that we confirmed that he is using a 1998/99 euro ecu in a 2001 us vfr. Do the 98/99 euro ecu's use HISS and if so how is his bike running? 1998/99 do not have o2 sensors, so why is he trying to run o2 eliminators? Are these ECU's even interchangeable?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

"Can you guys tweak the correction factors a bit? I kind of talked myself into a hole on a forum."

Though, for this level of trolling, the guy is probably at least decently informed.

Lol plus 10%

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

Do the 98/99 euro ecu's use HISS

The German spec '99 does not seem to use HISS.

I got curious and checked the parts fiche on CMSNL and the HISS ring is on the drawing but not in the list of parts. 

Archived