VFR group tour through Portland, OR?

• Member Contributer

A friend texted me today with a couple of pics of a group of 4 VFR's on I-5 heading north through Portland.  I can't remember when I saw another Viffer in the wild . . .   There were 4 - one is a 6th gen, another (white) one looks to be another 6th gen given the twin pipes and the one at the back definitely a 5th gen.  The 4th at the front I could not make out though it looks like it could also have under-seat exhausts.  All appear to have panniers and top cases.  She commented that they were "packed for a long haul".  The license plates appear to be non-US spec.  Just wondering if that's anyone on here or if someone knows of who they might be. 

123951.jpg

123456.jpg

• Member Contributer

Wildbad Touring

I've followed their whole tour. Tried to meet up with them when they passed through CA, but they had to pass through too quickly.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4KvI3JaoJ_gKFNmp2_t34w

https://www.facebook.com/wildbadtouring/

• Member Contributer
21 hours ago, Cogswell said:

A friend texted me today with a couple of pics of a group of 4 VFR's on I-5 heading north through Portland. ...  She commented that they were "packed for a long haul". 

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that you have a friend of the female persuasion who:

a) knows you ride a VFR

b) recognizes them in the wild

c) thinks a squad of them is noteworthy enough to warrant snapping a photo for you

The number of women I know who could check more than one of those boxes is.... [searching].... zero.

• Member Contributer

Oh, c'mon RobF. My spouse would have 

a) known I ride a VFR

b) recognized one on the highway

c) been amazed that she saw more than one in a year.

OK, it's spouse not (female) friend, but at least I know one female who can check all three boxes.

BTW, since you are Portlandish, drop in for a coffee at St. John's Coffee Roasters and ask the owner what bike he rides...

• Member Contributer
29 minutes ago, RobF said:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that you have a friend of the female persuasion who:

a) knows you ride a VFR

b) recognizes them in the wild

c) thinks a squad of them is noteworthy enough to warrant snapping a photo for you

The number of women I know who could check more than one of those boxes is.... [searching].... zero.

Yup - she rides an Adventure 990.  She's ridden with me so knows the Viffer.  I tried talking her in to a 6th gen rather than the ADV bike, but whatcha' gonna do . . .  Regarding the last observation, my universe otherwise would be comparable. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Blimey... that's quite a tour. I have enough trouble going to France and that's just a quick trip on the Eurotunnel !

respect to them.

• Member Contributer

Lol, I recognise that guy (Richie) from Bikers Oracle (UK HondaVFRClub).  He's been awfully quiet about it...

Ciao,

Archived