Storm shadow accident

StormShadow2

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, Auspanglish said:

Reasoning?

It is a very powerful drug (as you will know), here "normally" prescribed to cancer patients in the final phase to suppress pain....

Supposed to be highly addictive to boot, so yes I would have taken it if I really HAD to... but could manage well with the others.

OK, so you are a nirse, but do you also have the other qualifications as displayed in the image??  :goofy:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to get addicted to something if you only use it sporadically for breakthrough pain and don't have an addictive personality. For sensible people the worst part about regular use of opiates is the severe constipation...  so often prescribed with some form of laxative.

Drugs aside and getting back on topic, I do have the odd red hair on my... 

• Member Contributer
On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 2:25 PM, Auspanglish said:

Xakery

Panadol = Paracetamol

Brufen/Neobrufen/Nurofen = Ibuprofen

Voltaren = Diclofenac

Toradol = Ketorolac

Glenfiddich = Shellackin'

Basically all different forms of one group of drugs:

NSAIDs -- or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs... and basically provide pain relief, hinder inflammatory processes, curb fever... and can be harmful to the stomach lining, liver, kidneys... Usually taken with gastric protectors like Omeprazol or Ranitidine... which in turn can produce headaches, disturbances of the gut such as diarrhoea, constipation, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain or flatulence...

Ouch sounds like it's painful. I spent 6 months sat on the sofa when I broke My femur/hip/elbow and for the first few weeks I was taking Ibuprofen (generic Brand) and Paracetamol alternately, as you can't take them more than every four hours and I wasn't prescribed anything stronger. I was told to do this by an A&E Nurse, seemed to work and meant I could sleep

The bones knitting back together is an inflammatory reaction, which can be blocked by ibuprofen. 

My radius didn't start knitting together, even 5 weeks after surgery. I stopped taking ibuprofen (I was taking it as an anti inflammatory). 3 weeks later, good to go. 

I ususally heal fast, but ibuprofen stopped that. 

As in, when I had a full body scan to check if anything else had been broken, they asked me when I had broken my rib and vertebrae. I have no recollection of ever breaking them. 

Ibuprofen is bad for healing bones. 

all ive got is panadole osteo, i still have some oxycontain they gave me initially. only used it the other day when i broke a tooth in half and spent an hour in the chair with a guy going over me with pliars and scaples, i now have a hole from my mouth to my nose he stitched up, told me it was gona hurt after t he needle wore off so took one of them.

i just dont like taking drugs of addiction.

well my ribs are ok unless i cough or sneeze, bit sometimes just ache as its in my back.

swelling has subsided and i can sorta move my neck now. still got the arm immobilized.

for some unknown reason my blood pressure is skyhigh, 180 or something since surgery, they think its a reaction to the anti inflammatory naprosan they gave me originally, so i stopped taking that but its still high. had no problems with blood pressure before this, my gp had it all recorded a few months before hand.

• Member Contributer
On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:46 AM, Auspanglish said:

At Oxford University Hospital in the UK we very rarely prescribe Ibuprofen for anything.

On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 6:52 PM, keef said:

The bones knitting back together is an inflammatory reaction, which can be blocked by ibuprofen. 

My radius didn't start knitting together, even 5 weeks after surgery. I stopped taking ibuprofen (I was taking it as an anti inflammatory). 3 weeks later, good to go. 

I ususally heal fast, but ibuprofen stopped that. 

As in, when I had a full body scan to check if anything else had been broken, they asked me when I had broken my rib and vertebrae. I have no recollection of ever breaking them. 

Ibuprofen is bad for healing bones. 

Really? I didn't know that. I must admit my accident was over 25 years ago so things may have changed. Perhaps that was why I spent so long healing. I was told the operation would have me on my feet in 6 weeks... it took 6 months.

• Member Contributer

Let's not start on the NHS.  It makes my ankle hurt just thinking about it...

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

I find the occasional comfort in 21 or 25 year olds....   :-)

BenRiach, Imperial or Talisker.....

:-)

7 hours ago, Woodie said:

Really? I didn't know that. I must admit my accident was over 25 years ago so things may have changed. Perhaps that was why I spent so long healing. I was told the operation would have me on my feet in 6 weeks... it took 6 months.

I was wondering why it wasn't knitting together after surgery, so I googled. Found that fact, spoke to a pharmacist about it, who confirmed it.. when my bro broke his foot, I told him, and his surgeon said stay away from ibuprofen as well. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

And tyre

Go over with a fine tooth comb

You paid the insurance excess make sure it's ALL as it was b4 accident 

Archived