Rear Luggage Rack

StubyDoo

What options are available for a rack to carry a top box?  The OEM one is seriously over priced at £250.  So far I've only found SW Motech as an alternative.  Any recommendations?  Also, it the rack for the Crossrunner the same as they look very similar.

Stu

I was also looking at top box options for my 2015 Crossrunner recently. Honda wanted $1495, but I found an alternate option. Shad! Topbox and rack - $487!!

http://www.motorcycleaccessoriesaustralia.com.au/shop/lifestyle/luggage/shad/shad-fitting-kits-1/honda/honda-vfr800-2014-2015

And

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/161413638043

14 hours ago, Pjcliffo said:

Check out ventura rack and bag

How ever much I dislike topboxes, I need one to keep my helmet in while I'm at work.  A Ventura bag is no good for this purpose :(

On 10/13/2016 at 10:08 AM, thtanner said:

From my experience, Shad is cheap junk.

Oh yeah, same in my experience as well. Even made a video about it when I was talking to Shad about a POS case I had of theirs and they said I was exaggerating!

Well, FWIW, I fitted the SHAD rear carreir bracket and SH39 top box. Very happy with the outcome, and the quality. All up AU $480 as opposed to AU $1495 for OEM top box and carrier!!!

I was nervous after reading your posts, but I am one happy SHAD customer now :)

Got a Shad 46L topbox that moves between my 2 bikes.  Now that I have the VFR, I will buy the Shad mount pretty soon.  I also see they have mounts for there newest hardbags.  You could be all in for about $600.  I will probably go that route in a month or two.

Archived