Nice video on the latest 2016 sport-touring tires

Rambler358

• Member Contributer

I think it's been said many times over and that basically any of the new ST tires from the major players should be more than sufficient for the VFR. Cost per performance, I would say the Bridgestone T30 EVO are probably at the top. That being said, I have been using a Pilot Power3 front with a Pilot Road 4 on my 6 Gen (Commuter/Tourer) and so far have not been disappointed with their grip and even less with their longevity. (10k+ miles on the last few sets). As with all things Moto related YMMV (figuratively and literally).

• Member Contributer

I have 600 miles on the T30 EVOs and am very pleased with them so far. The $50 rebate is what ultimately sold me on them, really, but after riding them I'm very happy with their profile. Slightly better 'dip' into turns than my PR3s have on my 98. If I can get 8k miles out of them I'll be chuffed, and probably buy another set.

The thing with tyres is they are a just like bikes, a personal preference. You may like one bike/tyre and someone else will prefer another bike/tyre.

They all offer different feedback, and it depends what you want from your tyres. Grip or Longevity?

Any of todays Sports Touring tyres are suitable on the VFR, it is heavy but it also doesn't make much power.

I personally run with Avon tyres, but then they are made around the corner from me and I know a guy

I've run the Michelin PR3 in the past, they felt good in all conditions but wore unevenly. Tried the PR4's and prefered them and the way they wore over the PR3's.

The new Metzelers seem to be getting good reviews at the moment, and obviously Bridestones T30 is in the mix.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Archived