Nice VF750 at local show

Ascalon

There's a vintage and classic show that happens near me in Ireland called the Spirit of Dunboyne show.

It's full of classic cars and bikes from every era, has a very relaxed atmosphere and is open to all. I've been going for as along as I;ve been int he area.

But last year I spotted a gem and this year got a few nice pics.

A VF750 racer with a Fireblade front end and swing arm.

aOZ94w.jpg

fRbybh.jpg

KA4uUU.jpg

jjBUYE.jpg

ohyJkS.jpg

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, SEBSPEED said:

I suspect that is a VF1000R with 750 body, blade forks and wheels, arm is stock. A wolf in sheep's clothing as it were.

You're absolutely right.   Look at the mounting points for bodywork and the studs where the upper cowl bracket mounts.  Plus it still has the sticker for the remote shock adjusters.

• Member Contributer

Should trim those mounting tabs off along with the frame mounts for the rear passenger pegs. But yes, looks like a 1000R with 750 bodywork. First year R with the narrower heads.

Wow, never copped that meself.

It did sound fairly amazing.

The meet up is a racing past appreciation event, with a few parade laps around an old road circuit. It means that the machines don't get thrashed, but they do get to give voice to their old ways. :)

Must try and have a chat with the guy who owns it next year. He has been there for the last few years.

I'll bring over my own battle cruiser (87 VF1000 FF) next time and that should be a good enough excuse.

On 9/28/2016 at 9:24 AM, SEBSPEED said:

I suspect that is a VF1000R with 750 body, blade forks and wheels, arm is stock. A wolf in sheep's clothing as it were.

Good diagnosis Dr Seb.

Cool bike, and looks like a fun event. :fing02:

Archived