2005 VFR 800 where is bleed location for rear pcv air bleed

krait

Trying to flush the brakes on 2005 VFR 800. I have downloaded the service manual and I am stuck on the bleeding of the rear pcv. The picture in manual is awful but I see the general location of where it is suppposed to be. Right side just in front of the brake fluid reservoir. Everywhere else was relatively easy to find  by just looking for the bleeder nipple. But I can't find this one.  Not to mention that right now after doing all the other bleeding locations per service manual . The front brakes feel nice and tight with good pressure in the handle. But the rear brake pedal i can just push it all the down with my hand. Which since I know I missing a bleed point makes me think I still have some air in the system.  I am attaching what I see on the right side between fluid reservoir and gas tank. any help would greatly appreciated. 

IMG_1265.JPG

Thanks, i can stop looking for something that is not there then. Unfortunately, now that means I am doing something wrong on the rear that I thought I was doing correctly. Back to the grind  I guess.  Thanks again for at least helping me look for something that is not there. Would have been nice if the manual had a little asterisk or something to say  " Hey skip me if you don't have ABS." 

• 6 months later...

I literally just spent an hour looking for this damn thing. Finally decided I'd look online and boom. They really should be added for and models only for that step. You know like they do for removing the rotors... That was great. Glad we have forums like this to communicate, I would be just kept looking.

• Member Contributer

Remember that you need to bleed the linked piston up at the front left to get the air out of that rear system.  It's counterintuitive but might be part of the problem.

I just bled my 2007 ABS and even with a Mityvac I still made it a two-person job, because it was either that or play Twister in my garage.

• 8 months later...

I bled my rear system following the service manual hitting all three bleeds for the rear system. It felt good right before I went out of town for two weeks and now they're mushy.  Any recommendations?  Do I need to apply pressure to the front linked brakes while i'm bleeding them to get a good check?

thanks in advance for any advice.

Archived