Intro

jdsto

Nice bike! Congrats. 

I waited almost a year and a half for my first mod. I recently added a new slip-on. They're mostly for sound and looks, you may gain a couple of ponies, but nothing to write home about. 

Best thing I've done so far is change the tires. The OEM hoops are horrible. Depending on your riding style some good sport or sport touring tires will transform this bike's handling. 

• Member Contributer

Welcome Aboard! You're off to a good start, got the right bike, you posted an intro and most importantly, you posted a pic!

Thank you for the warm welcome. I have a quick question is the clutch lever different from the brake lever. I just realized they are different, the clutch being more curved away from the grip. The bike was a corporate demo and the dealer doesn't know the bike history or wasn't sharing honestly.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Noticing the levers being different is an obvious concern that it may have been dropped. No marks on pegs, swing arm fairing etc. So I was hoping that they could be different. Oh well I guess I may have to just order some Pazzos. I'll tell the wife it's for safety.

• Member Contributer

As a corporate demo, if it was tipped over it was surely repaired to a high standard with OEM parts by Honda.  Also, it would seem there would be at least a mark or two on the ball end of the lever.  If it were mine it wouldn't concern me - I doubt Honda would let something out to the public that had any sort of issues. 

When checking it over that's exactly what I had looked for, scuffs on the balls on the end of the levers. I just didn't compare side to side. Not worried about the, spent an hour and a half riding it home, lots of heavy traffic. Everything functions fine. Just found the clutch s touch heavy for such a long ride in traffic. Small advice don't pick up a bike on the other side of the city at the end of the day on a Friday.

• Member Contributer

Both my 2006 and 2002 Hondas have a different curve on the clutch & brake levers with more curve on the clutch.

I'm guessing you have nothing to be concerned about.

Very observant though!

Great looking bike BTW!

1 hour ago, jdsto said:

When checking it over that's exactly what I had looked for, scuffs on the balls on the end of the levers. I just didn't compare side to side. Not worried about the, spent an hour and a half riding it home, lots of heavy traffic. Everything functions fine. Just found the clutch s touch heavy for such a long ride in traffic. Small advice don't pick up a bike on the other side of the city at the end of the day on a Friday.

LOL. I picked mine up on a Friday night in Huntington Beach, and rode the 100 miles home in traffic to San Diego as my first ride. 

• Member Contributer

Welcome, nice to jump on and ride....I've got a whole build ahead of me.
In our younger days a friend bumped into a tree with clutch lever, his hand was still on the grip, lever looked a bit like a knuckle duster...so they pretty soft, seems it could be a minor thing....

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

I checked today and it looks like the clutch lever sits a bit further out from the bars, while the levers themselves looks curved the same. I think the pivot point is further out on the clutch side. No worries in other words.

Archived