Rearsets for 5th gen.?

number9

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer
On 8/24/2017 at 9:24 AM, SEBSPEED said:

I am developing a set of plates which will allow bolt up of standard CBR rearsets (or any aftermarket for same model). The prototypes are done, I am looking for a cnc vendor with reasonable pricing before I can bring them offer here or anywhere else.

If I can't get them cnc machined, I could resort to my prototype method of fabrication. But, then the end result would not be as nice looking without also also adding powdercoat cost.

Hey Seb, any word on this?

Man, I wish I had some good news here! I'm pretty excited about how the first set worked out, and I know a bunch of you guys would like them.

Unfortunately, the first couple quotes came in way higher than I hoped for,  around 300/per with anodize. I am exploring other options, haven't given up.

The alternative is to make them manually. Would be fine if being coated or painted, but not the sweetest finish.

Hey seb,

Extreme creations has a CNC machine. Yes, i know he is in another country, but he is a small batch kinda guy, May make it more cost effective.

And i got my tank spacer today, will fit it up on the weekend.

6 hours ago, keef said:

Hey seb,

Extreme creations has a CNC machine. Yes, i know he is in another country, but he is a small batch kinda guy, May make it more cost effective.

And i got my tank spacer today, will fit it up on the weekend.

Cool, let me know how it works! I have a couple follow-ups to make, go from there.

And i would begrudgingly be the test mule, because, well, real rearsets are sexier than ebay raised pegs that i have now.

No testing needed. Just need to get them made at a price that folks will be comfortable paying. I have a few people that seem very seriously interested, I will find a way to get some into those hands no matter what. Just trying to get a cost effective batch made first.

Also interested but a bit bedazzled by all the bling in your earlier picture :)

Could you clarify: am I correct that what you're talking about is a bolt on replacement for items 4/14 in the attached picture?

Ie. a straight swap using existing cushion, bolts, etc.

step.png

8 hours ago, checksix said:

Also interested but a bit bedazzled by all the bling in your earlier picture :)

Could you clarify: am I correct that what you're talking about is a bolt on replacement for items 4/14 in the attached picture?

Ie. a straight swap using existing cushion, bolts, etc.

step.png

That is correct sir. My parts will bolt on in place of 4 and 14. My parts kit will not be a 100% replacement, however. My parts kit will allow for bolt-on use of CBR929/954RR rearsets, as on a standard CBR. The end user will have a choice of bargain basement used parts, all the way up to high end Sato and other parts.

My parts put the lowest CBR footpeg position exactly at the stock VFR setting, all position changes are up and back from there. I think the intermediate adapter pieces could be swapped L to R (flipped upside down) to reverse this and move pegs down and back for those lookong for comfort. I haven't tried that yet, so don't quote me. 

12 hours ago, checksix said:

Thanks for the info. Of course the big question is price. Do you have a ballpark estimate for a pair of "raw" (no anodize, just bare metal) brackets?

My goal is to provide finished parts in the $125-150 ballpark. And again that would be a kit of parts that bolts to the 5th gen, that allows separately purchased CBR rearsets to bolt on.

• Member Contributer

It probably goes without saying but I’ll say it anyway, I’m interested in them Seb!

• 3 months later...

Archived