Very new. Need advice!

Amthrax

Hey guys, I'm extremely new to motorcycles and was looking for any advice about my situation. I have a very beat up 1992 Honda VFR 750 and was wondering if it was best to try and find new fairings, or take the whole thing apart with the help of some mechanic friends and put some generic fairings on it? Not trying to spend too much money so that's my biggest factor I guess. Less than a grand preferably to fix this thing up and have it running soon. Any help or if I need to explain anything else, I will try my best. Thank you!

• Member Contributer

First off, Welcome Aboard! Maybe throw a picture or two when you get a chance.

Unless you get EXTREMELY lucky and find some OEM fairings on CL or eBay, your only option is aftermarket or custom. Of course you can always repair fairings if you feel you want a challenge but if they are nonexistent then see above.

1 hour ago, Duc2V4 said:

First off, Welcome Aboard! Maybe throw a picture or two when you get a chance.

Unless you get EXTREMELY lucky and find some OEM fairings on CL or eBay, your only option is aftermarket or custom. Of course you can always repair fairings if you feel you want a challenge but if they are nonexistent then see above.

Thank you for the welcome!! My bike is currently at a shop right near my house. I asked them similar questions and they were having a hard time finding parts as the bike seems very outdated. I know very little about motorcycles to begin with but from what I've been reading up on and all the responses, it seems like I would just have to convert to a street bike. I'm just not sure what parts I would have to buy for it. Basically the plastic on it is either scratched or stuff is falling off (back tail). I know the speedometer does not work, it's missing a few screws and bolts here and no exhaust but,  it runs completely fine and starts up beautifully (for the most part). Just need to be guided into what to buy for it. Will post pictures of the bike tomorrow after work!

Archived