5th Gen Solo Racks - CLEAR OUT

KanadianKen

Question

I've got about 20 of the 5th Gen Solo Racks left - and I need them gone. 

Price of $140 USD  includes shipping to Conti North America.

You will have to source bolts and spacers (About $10) on your own.

Paypal me at   ken.irwin AT bell.net  and i'll ship same day if possible - worst case next day.  You will get an email with a tracking number.

Thanks.

• Member Contributer

I just got my new rack for my new 5th gen from Ken. :cheerleader: I used and abused the last one over many of the 135k miles I put on my 98 VFR and mistakenly included it in the sale of that bike. Buy with confidence.

Dimensions for the spacers are 45mm and 35mm.  If you are going to create cut outs on the rear seat cowl cover as I did with a corbin smuggler on my last 5th gen I can suggest you create spacers 5mm less and they will still allow minimal clearance from the tail section to the rack mount and minimize the cut you make in the rear seat cowl. 

The Givi Rack system I bought for my FZ1 works fine, allows for a passenger but completely alters the sporty lines of the bike. Looks like a freaking V Strom and is not easily removed. I swear by a top box for commuting and touring so once the solo rack is on my VFR the Givi rack comes off the FZ1. 

• Member Contributer

Fellow Europeans - I am in the process of buying one of these lovely racks from Ken.  If anyone in the UK / rest of Europe are thinking of getting one of these - we can share Pacific Ocean shipping costs.  Let me know

Solo racks make great self bought Christmas presents......  About 8 left on my shelf. All 5th gen and I think I have one 6th gen rack.  Pm me if interested!

Archived