3rd gen locks from a 4th gen?

One I know has a nice 1992 3rd gen that got stolen about a month ago, he got it back today. All locks ( ignition, tank look) are damaged and needs replacing. What I wounder is need they be from a 3rd gen od do also 4th gen fit?

According to parts number the steering lock is specific for the 3rd gen but the fuel tank cap is quit universal, still used on models in mid 2000 even most from 90:s

• Member Contributer

What we need is a member to confirm he did do the actual swap...

• Member Contributer

Or for someone with a 3rd gen he's reduced to several boxes of dirty parts to loan/send his spare ignition lock assembly to whoever needs to know the answer!  PM me.

Ciao,

1 hour ago, JZH said:

Or for someone with a 3rd gen he's reduced to several boxes of dirty parts to loan/send his spare ignition lock assembly to whoever needs to know the answer!  PM me.

Ciao,

Thanks! I do think my friend is ready to buy the 4th gen parts on a risk as the 3rd and 4th gen has same upper triple, so the ignition lock should just bolt on. Might be the wire plug is different but that is a thing you can sort out or even use the ignition bottom from the 3rd gen. I let you know so eventually someone can do this if needed. The lock for the seat is eventually just 3rd gen specific, but its not broken.

Archived