San Diego County 9/4/16

01ragtop

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
28 minutes ago, ridered said:

That is Labor Day weekend.  Labor Day is the 5th.

That was my point! I guess it came out wrong but in context to Rogue's post about moving it, it would make more sense...oh well

• Member Contributer

Thought I'd share this video from this past Sunday. This is the ride up to the top of Palomar mountain. Just a precursor of what to look forward to...

2 hours ago, Duc2V4 said:

That was my point! I guess it came out wrong but in context to Rogue's post about moving it, it would make more sense...oh well

I guess I didn't get it.  I thought maybe the OP was suggesting it would take 3 days to complete this ride.

44 minutes ago, ridered said:

I guess I didn't get it.  I thought maybe the OP was suggesting it would take 3 days to complete this ride.

Haha. I ride a VFR not a Huffy, but just for clarity, the ride is easily done in a day. 

Someone asked, so I'll post it here too, I'm not elitist, so our non vfr riding friends can come out too. If the group gets too big, we can split into smaller groups as it's easier to keep two small groups in tact. Game time call, IMO. 

I'm no hooligan though, so even though I like to have fun in the twisties, I don't ride irresponsibly on the freeway, and I generally try not to draw undue attention to myself, (especially from those driving B&W vehicles) a point I feel is all that more important when riding in a large group. 

Not trying to be a downer, but I just want everyone to be safe, sane, and have fun. 

Let me know your thoughts. 

• Member Contributer
40 minutes ago, 01ragtop said:

Someone asked, so I'll post it here too, I'm not elitist, so our non vfr riding friends can come out too. If the group gets too big, we can split into smaller groups as it's easier to keep two small groups in tact. Game time call, IMO. 

I'm no hooligan though, so even though I like to have fun in the twisties, I don't ride irresponsibly on the freeway, and I generally try not to draw undue attention to myself, (especially from those driving B&W vehicles) a point I feel is all that more important when riding in a large group. 

Not trying to be a downer, but I just want everyone to be safe, sane, and have fun. 

Let me know your thoughts. 

I agree, let's not draw attention to ourselves and I figure the group will sort itself out. Faster riders will gravitate to the front and the slower riders will take up the back. Those not part of either group will meld in the middle. I'm more of a go with the flow kind of rider so whatever the group wants to do, I'm good with it.

On 8/30/2016 at 6:14 PM, Rambler358 said:

BMW vehicles?

How many bikes are you expecting to show?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not BMW, B&W.  You know, five oh, the fuzz, CHIPS, Smokey, etc. 

Looks to be quite a crowd. If everyone here shows, and I know some non VFR riding folks are coming, so I'm guessing 10-15. 

Archived