SILVERSTONE MOTOGP 2016

Auspanglish

Anyone going to Silverstone this year?

Any tips on which pass gives the best pounding for the pound?

I see it's just up the road from me (as in North), maybe a couple of hours by bus. Unfortunately I have neither bike nor car here in the UK.

Maybe I could rent a bike for the day, but it hurts my Scottish sensibilities to think the bike will just be parked there for most of the day and I'd be paying per hour.

Unfortunately I have to work Saturday or I'd go for a 3 or 4 day pass of some sort.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2016 at 1:15 PM, Auspanglish said:

Well I'm keen to go on the Sunday, so let me know.

Still wondering which pass would be most interesting. Except the VIP 900€ one of course.

If I was there I would buy your ticket! Really. :wink:

I plan to visit you some day soon while looking for a nice place to retire(in my dreams) :blush:

• Member Contributer
16 hours ago, Baileyrock said:

If I was there I would buy your ticket! Really. :wink:

I plan to visit you some day soon while looking for a nice place to retire(in my dreams) :blush:

We always have a spare bed if yr passing by! :beer:

5 hours ago, Skids said:

We always have a spare bed if yr passing by! :beer:

Thanks Skids, I hope to do a VFRD World Leach Tour some day. I have never even been to Europe yet and hope to get a two or three week trip in maybe as soon as next year.

BR

• Member Contributer

Kevin, U can tick/consider the Netherlands box as covered too.

Just bring your clogs.

One thing: no more bj's...

:-)

If I was there I would buy your ticket! Really. wink.gif

I plan to visit you some day soon while looking for a nice place to retire(in my dreams) blush.png

Visitors don't pay. I thought that was a universal standard.

If I could put you up here in the UK I would. Might be able to swing you free accommodation in Spain via the forum I moderate there.

1 hour ago, Auspanglish said:

Well my boss just put a spanner up my... sorry, in the works.

I am now required to work on Sunday.

Life was already a butch and then someone invented work.

WT.....! :mad:

That sucks, why does work always seem to get in the way of a good time? :goofy:

I still have the Clogs Dutchy.

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Aka

The Cal Effect?

And with this weekend's weather forecast to be one of wet weather Friday and showers over the weekend, Cal must be thinking....YES!

Best watch it on BT Sport!  :beer:

• Member Contributer

As much as I'm not really one for purposefully going out in the rain, the rain on race day sure makes for better action IMO! As we have seen due to the wet stuff, a much different top step result! Maybe Redding can get his day in the Sun, er rain this time.

I guess that's some consolation. Thanks Skids.

I enjoy Keith and Julian's commentary... they are probably the only (English speaking) commentators that don't make it sound like a golf or snooker match.

There are some others that do TRY to sound exciting, but just grind on my nerves.

e49e8eeccc3499bf9d539930cc859e43.jpg

• Member Contributer

I prefer Julian's previous partner but the coverage is excellent.

Moto GP will be being broadcast in 4k soon I gather. Tried watching it on Netflix with House of Cards but didn't think it worth the extra effort (cost) but I wonder how much better it may look with sports.

I prefer Julian's previous partner but the coverage is excellent.

Moto GP will be being broadcast in 4k soon I gather. Tried watching it on Netflix with House of Cards but didn't think it worth the extra effort (cost) but I wonder how much better it may look with sports.

Yes, I agree, Toby Moody was/is less... how to put it? ... megalomaniacal?

• Member Contributer

Sorry to hear this news, I know you were looking forward to going.

Keith Huewen is, arguably, more knowledgeable about the actual racing than Toby, but he does motor on a bit massive amount, doesn't he?  At least he's not Charlie Cox!

Ciao,

I get the feeling Julian has had to bite his tongue more than once with Keith's "superior" knowledge... and I quote the ever-amiable Hodgy who could be heard to say, in reference to Sete Gibernau; "typical ex-motorcycle racer, likes the sound of his own voice."

Archived