My Yamaha Tenere 600

keny

How may do recall I did buy a 1990 Yamaha XT600Z Tenere 2½ years back, and a other back in December 2015......

And well, things did not work out like planed, but finally today it was time for the big day:

large.WP_20160819_09_54_15_Pro.jpg

All ready for first test ride a short spin in my small town, to the northern small boat harbor, back in a distance (small red building whit black roof) a good restaurant whit excellent fish dishes according to Dutchy!

large.WP_20160819_12_21_35_Pro.jpglarge.IMG_9677.JPGlarge.IMG_9674.JPG

And to south harbor

large.IMG_9688.JPG

Then to fill up the tank and back home by some nice twisty roads nearby.

Back home

large.WP_20160819_14_21_53_Pro.jpg

all in all 32 kms, not much, but enough to prove its working and seem to be a fun little bike, did in fact surprise me whit the road manners on the twisty bits! Fast steering and stabile!

Later in the evening I did add a thing for more practical use.

large.WP_20160819_19_33_48_Pro.jpg

It still needs a new chain & sprocket kit, to come soon!

2 hours ago, Dutchy said:

It even got some Dutch head!!!!

:-)

It does, thanks for the help to score that Dutchy!!!!!!!!!!

I must say, even a VFR is a blast to ride, this is a joy.......seating position is relaxed, you sit high to have a good view on traffic and the bike is light and nimble feeling! Might be I do a tour on this bike :smile:

Had a ~150 km ride today on the Tenere whit older son.

Twisty tarmac roads, gravel roads and even a bit off road!

This kind of bike really open options where to go.

First a stop at a nice coffee place...strange how the cell phones are attached to the younger hands...Thanks Pokemon Go...

large.WP_20160820_14_31_39_Pro.jpg

Lets the sun shine better

large.WP_20160820_14_33_27_Pro.jpg

And on way home eventually did take a wrong turn that got us to a dead end

large.WP_20160820_17_34_43_Pro.jpg

More rides to come for sure!

• Member Contributer

Good looking bike.  Hopefully Yamaha brings out a new adv bike based on the FZ07 to go head to head with the BMW / Triumph/ Honda and KTM.  They should even offer it in that cool retro blue/ yellow combo, that would be sweet.

Yamaha has a 660 Tenere in the program here and a adventure modell (on 17" wheels) of the 900cc MT9 as a 1200 Tenere ( that is a pig outside tarmac roads), but yes a 700-800 cc Adventure bike whit a 19" or 21" (better for gravel / off road) front wheel and a low weight would be a blast!

The Tenéré looks great, glad to see it finally running. So again three bikes in garage that you can choose from, but from your other topic I think you want to add two more ;)

On 20-8-2016 at 8:52 PM, keny said:

This kind of bike really open options where to go.

Where you live,  sure. Here most is paved and when it is not you can bet it is off limits for bikes. Still ADV bikes are the best selling bikes here with the GS caliming top spot in the sales charts and the Cross Tourer outselling the Veefelo. Aparently next week Honda launches another ADV bike of some sorts, CBF-X maybe?

7 minutes ago, V4 Rosso said:

Aparently next week Honda launches another ADV bike of some sorts, CBF-X maybe?

It might be a more street version of the CFR1000 also? Sounds like a twin engine.

Adventure bikes works great on small tarmac roads to! as tarmac roads in bad shape.........

On ‎6‎.‎9‎.‎2016 at 6:55 PM, V4 Rosso said:

When you look at the stills it is more like a scooter:

A new NC750 or 800 ? They have a quit flat/low 2 cylinder engine....... but looks you right its a scooter!

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/2016/august/honda-to-unleash-mad-750-adventure-x-adv-scooter/

On ‎8‎.‎9‎.‎2016 at 11:56 AM, Auspanglish said:

Yes, an off road scooter, saw it the other day (in print not in person).

Their slogan should be...

Honda: what next?

Yes :fing02:

But this topic is getting a bit :offtopic:

:goofy:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, first ride after my MTB accident is done. Short ride in town to work, 2,5 km one way....6 times this week :cool:

large.WP_20160926_08_38_54_Pro.jpglarge.WP_20160926_13_00_46_Pro.jpg

And before the rides, a new chain & sprocket kit :cool: (sorry for a blur pic)

large.WP_20160925_16_50_49_Pro.jpg

Tomorrow a longer ride, to work place in different town, some lessure ride after work

• 2 weeks later...

Well as temps are close to freeze here now, feels colder whit the wind we have, I today put the incurense on hold. More ride tome next year, now garage time!

• Member Contributer

That looks nice, I always liked the look f the big 80's Rally/Raid bikes although I always wanted an Africa Twin

honda-nxr-750-03.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎14‎.‎10‎.‎2016 at 6:40 PM, Woodie said:

That looks nice, I always liked the look f the big 80's Rally/Raid bikes although I always wanted an Africa Twin

I would love  a Africa Twin to, and frankly not fully convinced a singel is my thing. The only issue whit the Africa Twin is they hold there price high even at age and not mint....

• 2 months later...

Just found out Michelin has start to produce the Anakee Wild is size to fit my old Tenere!

combo_2048x2048.jpg?v=1478160920

FullImage.jpg

Michelin_AnakeeWild2015_EMa132.jpg

Off course they have ditched the old trusty T63.........that did fit look wise well on a old bike, tread design from the 80´s!

p1.jpg?ct=7bbef8437c6d

Hopefully the new tire will be a top performer....now wait....have a set of Bridgestone Trailwings to wear out first.............

• 6 months later...

First day out this year!

19248064_452744341759601_885195032582018

19702222_452744365092932_502823842235459

Not as warm as it looks, but still I did enjoy!

Archived