Throttle lock

XRM

• Member Contributer

I use the one on the right here http://www.jaws-motorcycles.co.uk/bird2.htm#vcc  on long trips, less than $50 !  If you take some time to make sure the centre is round rather than slightly oval as it comes, then it works great. Throw the lever with your thumb then give your right hand a rest. Flip up to release, although the throttle can still be adjusted with it on :)

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Mohawk said:

I use the one on the right here http://www.jaws-motorcycles.co.uk/bird2.htm#vcc  on long trips, less than $50 !  If you take some time to make sure the centre is round rather than slightly oval as it comes, then it works great. Throw the lever with your thumb then give your right hand a rest. Flip up to release, although the throttle can still be adjusted with it on :)

I also use that one. I have set mine up so that it just holds the throttle open but I can still turn the throttle to another position easily.

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, Egg on Leggs said:

I also use that one. I have set mine up so that it just holds the throttle open but I can still turn the throttle to another position easily.

Ditto here.  Tried every throttle lock out there and the Vista Cruise lock (not the Universal Vista) is the easiest to use, best locking, and most OEM looking of them all.  Fit and adjust it properly once and use it for years.  Simple and natural thumb actuation.  Have had one on my Gen4 for over 20 years now.

• Member Contributer

Same here.  I have a Throttlemeister on my ST1300, but I prefer the cheapo Vista Cruise for its ease of use.  I've had one on my RC36 since I-don't-know-when (I've owned an FL since new, so sometime in the '90s, I'd guess!)  At some point I shaved the activator lever down to better clear the Bagster tank cover it was pressing on at full right lock, but I don't think that is totally necessary for a bike with stock handlebars.

It can be tricky adjusting the Vista Cruise to provide the correct amount of tension to withstand vibration and hold the throttle securely, and I've also experienced some grip-interference issues, but these can be solved so that the throttle snaps back freely when the Vista Cruise is disengaged.

Ciao,

Archived