Tire recommendation, please

RobF

• Member Contributer

Tire experts, I could use some guidance, please. I'm sure the answers to these questions are buried in the archives, but I haven't found them in distilled form yet.

The criteria:

• 6th gen
  • 75% day-trip touring
  • 25% twisties
  • novice to intermediate skill level
  • possibly one track day per year
  • mostly fair weather riding, occasionally caught in the rain for an hour or two
  • 2-3K miles per year
  • cost is not really a limiter, but I don't want to be stupid about it

My questions:

1. What tires would you recommend?
  2. Where would you buy them?

It would seem I'm likely a Pilot Road 4 candidate, but I've seen other tires hyped in these forums. What I can't determine is if those other tires are better for a different sort of mission profile or a different sort of rider.

I just ordered another set from Jake Wilson this morning. Bridgestone T30 EVO rear and Bridgestone S21 front tire. $237.87 plus a $50 Bridgestone rebate card going right now. Hard to beat them for under $190 a set.

• Member Contributer
26 minutes ago, wera803 said:

I just ordered another set from Jake Wilson this morning. Bridgestone T30 EVO rear and Bridgestone S21 front tire. $237.87 plus a $50 Bridgestone rebate card going right now. Hard to beat them for under $190 a set.

Me to, based  on  the  KIMBALLLLLLLL   !!!!!!!!!!!

• Member Contributer

Whatever brand you choose, I found Jakewilson.com has consistently some of the best prices and I usually get tires in two days (Utah to California).

Another thumbs up for jakewilson both for both price and delivery time. On two occasions now I've had orders delivered in one day (they apparently have a tire warehouse in KY, I live in TN).

• Member Contributer

I just installed a set of Michelin pilot road 4 GTs on my 08.  They seem good so far but I still have to burn off the chicken strips.  They claim to be a high millage tire.  We will see.

Honestly where you ride so little I wouldn't be as concerned about how many miles a tire lasts or if they cost a tad more then others if you get a great tire. I put a set of metzler z8 interacts on my 4th gen after being very unimpressed with the previous tires. After I scrubbed them in the first time I couldn't be happier. I do mostly relaxed riding but on the roads I am familiar with that have some twisties I never doubt them. The Z8's are more geared towards touring then the M7(which my brother runs on his 919).

Archived