Another Bridgestone $50 rebate

wera803

Question

15 answers to this question

Yepper...gonna order several sets of t30's once they send the $100 they already owe me.

The rebates are nice but I sure get tired of the hassle.   So far this year 2 sets of claims have been submitted.  One by me for 4 016's and one for Ellen by JakeWilson for 4 S21's . On each claim, one rebate of $50 was approved and another was declined....from the same receipts!  Geez!

10 hours ago, gloryracing said:

Yepper...gonna order several sets of t30's once they send the $100 they already owe me.

The rebates are nice but I sure get tired of the hassle.   So far this year 2 sets of claims have been submitted.  One by me for 4 016's and one for Ellen by JakeWilson for 4 S21's . On each claim, one rebate of $50 was approved and another was declined....from the same receipts!  Geez!

That does suck. I got all 4 of mine last week (2 to me and 2 to a coworker). Jake Wilson filed all of them for us and didn't have any problems.

Jake Wilson even gave me a credit on the 2 190's I ordered because their price was reduced. So now I have the credit plus JW cash to spend before Aug 14th. Figured it will reduce the cost of another set of tires by $32 anyway.

• Member Contributer

Looks like Metzeler is doing a $50 rebate as well. Any non-race, non-motocross set of tires, in any combination (front/rear). Ends August 31,2016.

Metzeler fast 50 promo

• Member Contributer

Purchased 2 sets of tires for each of the 2 Bridgestone rebates and 3 sets from the 2 Metzeler rebates.  I received all of the rebates so far (except the last Bstone order I just placed yesterday).  There was a significant delay on the first sets to a degree where I emailed JW about it.  As it turned out, two of the rebates had arrived in the mail the day I sent the email, and one arrived later that week. 

It should be noted there are only 2 rebates allowed per person and PER ADDRESS.  I'm wondering if that is the reason for not allowing some of the rebates.

It has become somewhat of a hassle trying to figure out how to allocate the money since most places won't allow partial payments or payments less than $5 or $10.  First world problems, to be sure.

It has become somewhat of a hassle trying to figure out how to allocate the money since most places won't allow partial payments or payments less than $5 or $10.  First world problems, to be sure.

I agree. I have one in my wallet with $10 left on it. Usually just end up using them at gas stations to fill up my truck.

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, 007 said:

We live in the first world, so all our problems are first world problems. There's no shame in that. If you buy stuff from Amazon, you can navigate to the "Gift Cards" department and choose "Reload Your Balance" from the top menu.

amazon_reload_sm.png

From there, you can specify an amount and provide the Bridgestone card as a payment source. Assuming you activated your card and specified a reload amount less than or equal to your card balance, you will within a couple moments receive notification of a credit with Amazon that can be applied to any Amazon purchase at your leisure.

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, RobF said:

We live in the first world, so all our problems are first world problems. There's no shame in that. If you buy stuff from Amazon, you can navigate to the "Gift Cards" department and choose "Reload Your Balance" from the top menu.

amazon_reload_sm.png

From there, you can specify an amount and provide the Bridgestone card as a payment source. Assuming you activated your card and specified a reload amount less than or equal to your card balance, you will within a couple moments receive notification of a credit with Amazon that can be applied to any Amazon purchase at your leisure.

This will come in handy since minimum purchase looks to be 50 cents or $1 depending on the options chosen.  I don't want to load up on this since I get 5% cash back when I buy on the Store card.  That would be a loss of $17.50 in cash back from 7 $50 rebates which is easily equivalent to some stupid impulse purchase.  I get 5% cash back in gas and groceries so those purchases don't make much sense, either.   Other purchases are 1-2% so it doesn't matter as much, although we are splitting hairs at this point.  The water, cable, and gas bill are primary contenders, as are hotel stays (ie PRB's Fall Ride but I lack the patience to wait until then with a load of cash on the cards).

• Member Contributer

Thanks Wera and to this forum.  I haven't paid full price for a set of tires in many years.  I just saw this thread today, luckily, and how it usually happens, and I was able to order a set and get my reward filled out online @ Bridgestone.

Last day of the promotion is today, so bumping this thread with my post.  Order your tires today.  I ordered a S21 front/T30evo rear combo, per usual (was using S20 Front/T30 rear prior) in 120/70/17_190/55/17 combo for $241.83, which makes the set $191.83 after rebate.  $200 or under is a great deal. 

Thanks again.

• Member Contributer

Okay.  It's about time that I cash in on tire deals.  I know I missed this one, but when are these deals generally scheduled?  Am I out of luck until next summer?  My Angel GTs have a little life left, but don't have another long tour.  My contenders are either PR4s, or T30 EVOs.  TIA

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, Africord said:

Okay.  It's about time that I cash in on tire deals.  I know I missed this one, but when are these deals generally scheduled?  Am I out of luck until next summer?  My Angel GTs have a little life left, but don't have another long tour.  My contenders are either PR4s, or T30 EVOs.  TIA

Bridgestone seems to be in the habit of offering a rebate both in the spring and the fall. Many other manufacturers offer something in the spring. This year I saw rebates from Bridgestone, Metzeler/Pirelli and Dunlop.

• Member Contributer

I think you will find the T30 Evos every  bit the equal to the PR4s and at a lower price (maybe as much as $80 less last time I compared them).

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, CornerCarver said:

I think you will find the T30 Evos every  bit the equal to the PR4s and at a lower price (maybe as much as $80 less last time I compared them).

T30 EVOS are better tires for sport riding hooliganism.  PR4s may be better in wet, but that doesn't matter to me.  Those of you riding wilder than I do in the rain need help.  S20 EVOs did fine with Hurricane Matthew, FWIW, and they are supposedly inferior to both.  YMMV.

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, 007 said:

T30 EVOS are better tires for sport riding hooliganism.  PR4s may be better in wet, but that doesn't matter to me.  Those of you riding wilder than I do in the rain need help.  S20 EVOs did fine with Hurricane Matthew, FWIW, and they are supposedly inferior to both.  YMMV.

I know that it is oft repeated that PR4s are better in the wet but I don't know that they are.  I do know that half worn PR4s are definitely not better than half or more worn T30 Evos in the wet on an ST1300.  How that translates to the svelte VFR is up for debate.

I do know that I will go with the T30 Evo vs the PR4 because in my experience the T30 Evo is a better tire for less money.

Archived