center stand installation

Unfortunately, you have to drop the whole thing all because of one bolt!!

Drove me mad when I installed it, as I tried every possible way of getting the bolt in without removing the manifold - spending 2 hours of my time in the process and all for 5mm clearance.

Save yourself 1-2 hours and just follow the instructions exactly as is. And take care with the springs at the end. Its real b!tch to get them both on. I used a screw driver as leverage to stretch the spring onto the stand.

Good luck :)

8 hours ago, inztigator said:

Its a kit. Everything you need is included in this kit, including new muffler and header gaskets :)

Is there a part # for this kit?

• Member Contributer

Mine was the easiest thing I've ever installed on a bike.  The dealer had to do it on my standard at no cost to me if he wanted me to buy it.  He wanted me to buy it.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Member Contributer
50 minutes ago, bobbyn said:

This part # does not seem to be available in the USA. I keep getting UK stores. Any USA members install this after purchase?

Center stand.JPG

It's available direct from Honda for $59 on their USA website.   See this thread on the other forum for additional info - consensus seems to be it's a PITA because of the one freaking bolt hat necessitates dropping the exhaust:

http://vfrworld.com/forums/showthread.php/52186-Adding-a-Centerstand-to-the-base-model

• 1 month later...

This reply is too late to help the inquiry from July, but I installed the center stand without dropping the exhaust. For the reverse threaded bolt that doesn't fit because of the exhaust, I bought an extra bolt, and shortened it just enough to squeeze in it and get it started. Still had plenty of thread to support the stand. No problems to date, one year and 8k miles later.

This reply is too late to help the inquiry from July, but I installed the center stand without dropping the exhaust. For the reverse threaded bolt that doesn't fit because of the exhaust, I bought an extra bolt, and shortened it just enough to squeeze in it and get it started. Still had plenty of thread to support the stand. No problems to date, one year and 8k miles later.

I'm glad to hear this. I wanted to put the stand back on my bike and had to buy the bolt and then gave up because I didn't want to mess with the exhaust until I sorted other problems out. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived