• 30 - 39
    • 41 - 49
    • 50 - 59
    • 60 +

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

This past April I went from the 3rd demographic to the 4th! Had a funny run in with a CHP officer earlier this year. I was a witness to a crash and he was getting my info from my DL. He looked at me, looked at my 5 gen and then asks "Aren't you a little old to be riding a sport bike?!" My immediate answer was, "I don't think so!"

Afterward I had thought of many more quips I could have said... 

I bought my 2007 back when I was 23 in 2009. Now I am 30. Man how time flies, sixty thousand miles later, this bike has been with me through thick and thin, for the good times and bad. Funny thing, I am getting slower and heavier with age and this bike is only getting faster and lighter lol.

This past April I went from the 3rd demographic to the 4th! Had a funny run in with a CHP officer earlier this year. I was a witness to a crash and he was getting my info from my DL. He looked at me, looked at my 5 gen and then asks "Aren't you a little old to be riding a sport bike?!" My immediate answer was, "I don't think so!"

Afterward I had thought of many more quips I could have said... 

What a dick, jealous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So 60 is the new 40 right?

• Member Contributer

"were you born ignorant or did they teach you that at the police academy??"   :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Like a fine wine, riding just gets better and better as I age.At age 67, my attitude is starting to approach age 30. And it is still decreasing. 

Old Phart Terry

• Member Contributer

Not to derail a thread, but after he made that remark and we were waiting around for the tow truck, he opens up and tells the story of how he bought a 1300CC motorcycle when he was 18 and ended up crashing real bad! And how he'll never get back on a bike again! So I guess if he's not brave enough to get back on a bike how can someone (probably 15 years his senior I'm guessing) get on a bike at my age?!

Trust me Dutchy that was one of the quips similar and among others that ran through my head! 

20 minutes ago, Duc2V4 said:

Not to derail a thread, but after he made that remark and we were waiting around for the tow truck, he opens up and tells the story of how he bought a 1300CC motorcycle when he was 18 and ended up crashing real bad! And how he'll never get back on a bike again! So I guess if he's not brave enough to get back on a bike how can someone (probably 15 years his senior I'm guessing) get on a bike at my age?!

Trust me Dutchy that was one of the quips similar and among others that ran through my head! 

Haha wow, this is why we start on 250's and not hyabusagixxers....

At 18 I thought I was tough shit, punching my 49cc scooter out to 72cc's lol. 

• Member Contributer

I am 107 but that was clocked on a gps, not through the traps at the lights. 

But I run 12 miles every year and I will drop you like a 3 foot putt. :tongue:

Mentally I probably stopped maturing around age 12.

• Member Contributer

You don't stop riding because you get old . . . you get old because you stop riding. 

• Member Contributer
On July 26, 2016 at 9:08 PM, Cogswell said:

You don't stop riding because you get old . . . you get old because you stop riding. 

Agreed!! 56 and don't feel a day over 50............

• Member Contributer

Owned a VTR 250 for a short time in the mid-90's. I was a lot skinnier and lighter back then; the VTR was a fun bike. After a 10+ year hiatus from riding, bought my first VFR in 2007 and it has been like a comfortable set of shoes. Haven't looked back. The VFR is good therapy for my 40-something life.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Aimbot9000 said:

I'm 29 and have been viffing since I was 26.  Way better than the 600 katana I started with lol

Been "viffing" for 18 years. 

VIFFING-  the wonder drug. Get your buzz-on soon! ?

Archived