The Ace Of Spades Baltics Tour 2016

Dutchy

• Member Contributer

"You win some, you lose some"

Come 1st August, I have plenty of time on my hands to think about "what next" as my employer of 30+ years decided to hand me the ace of spades. Unless I'd move WAAAAYYY east and accept local wages that is....

Euh..lemmethinkaboutitthoughtaboutitnofuckingway...

I will take the "package" thank you very much and do a DutchyEXIT :-)

So In order to get my head clear and think about what's next, a grand tour of the Baltics is just what I need. My wife's only condition is "to be back" by the 19th August (2016..  :-) ).

NL - GERMANY - DENMARK - SWEDEN - FINLAND - ESTONIA - LATVIA - LITHUANIA - POLAND - GERMANY - NL.

(Might even hop over to Norway, I don't think about crossing through Russia, but can be persuaded.. I have been to St Petersburg already, done the Hermitage...).

So if any of yous "up north" have any "must take redslut to this place/road" do let me know. Am bringing a tent/sleeping bag, but if the weather is shyte or am offered a couch, then indoors is good too.

Back to the sweltering heat.... Am in Gargano, Italia at the moment. :-)

Life is about choices, and as such I choose not to feel like Joe Bonamassa's "Sloe Gin", but "Feelin Good" instead.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Dutchy, Glad to see you having a positive attitude.  Make lemonade!

I wouldn't go to Russia now.  It's a cesspit mostly in terms of peoples mood and attitudes.  Food safety and condition of roads may be an issue too.

Enjoy your trip.  Sounds like an epic one I can only dream of.  Maybe when (if) I retire.

Looking forward to the notes from the road!

Be safe Leon. I'm in the same boat. Job hunting at 57 after 25 years of self employment, no buenos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Leon, I applaud the attitude and when life throws you a curve....take it.  Post up from the road and don't be a stranger. You never who your story will inspire or who will be inspired to offer employment based on your attitude and experience.

• Member Contributer

One of my biggest laments is that I cant take four or five weeks off and just do an epic trip , what a great chance you have.

Before you know it, you'll be back nose to the grind stone but with some awesome memories ??

Your welcome to stay at my house during the stay in Finland, no problem you have roof ower your head and a reral bed! And if you have a few day to spare, the greatest roads around can be ridden!

Places I think you have to wisit during your trip:

- Hanko, Finland (where I live) 

- Joe Dunlops memoral stone in Tallin Estonia.

- Ahvenanmaa, a small iland betwen Sweden and Finland and take small ferrys from there to Finland and ride part of The Archipelago Ring Road from there : http://www.saaristonrengastie.fi/en

- Møns klint, Denmark.

- Harz area in Germany on way home if you have time.... Bad Hartzburg has a nice camping.

As for Norway, if you have not been there, go there! (even its a risk you will not di the Baltic then...) Every road is good, even highways!

Hi Leon

You must come and see Denmarks only NR750 replica, I live in the east jutland "djursland" near by www.touringcamp.dk which is the only mc camp in DK , A great tour will be a ride in "mountains of Mols" www.nationalparkmolsbjerge.dk one of the most beautiful nature in Denmark.

I'm om vacation so I'll be happy to show you "the dripping nose of denmark", from here you can take the ferry from Grenaa  www.aferry.dk to Varberg sweden.

cheers

Karsten

• Member Contributer

Hei hei!

How can I NOT go see the Danish NR? :-)

Will next weekend get the proper routeplanner out, but lean towards riding out on the Sunday till a bit into Denmark. Straight to tge campsite a bit too much.

Ride to whereever to meet up with you, do the nose, camp monday nite and the next day (tuesday) take "the bridge" (bucket list) to sweden.

Will be in touch!

Redslut or this one???

IMAG4279.jpg

• Member Contributer

Ferry to Turku booked!

You will find me at the ship's bar at night!

(Ah.... There are multiple bars.... This is a viking ship!!  :-). )

Will be an early Sunday Morning for me I see, or will you need a sleep as your arrive in Turku after the night standing in the bar... :wink:

• Member Contributer

Breakfast is at 05:30......

I will make my leisurely way to Hankoo so you can sleep in.

I have learned from my younger years... Once met friends on the ferry Harwich-Hoek for a stag party. They had been drinking on the way over so during the night I had to catch up. At 5am my last remaining braincell told me that in 2 hours I would still be criminally over the limit if I would ride off the ferry then... Good thing my brother was there (he doesnot partake in alcoholic beverages) so he could ride my Guzzi to the hotel where the wedding would be....

No problem Dutchy, I usually wake up around 6.30 anyway.... Will meet you at least halfway, then a long loop to Hanko....

• Member Contributer

Rough 1st sketch, looking forward to meeting up with some of the members here (and oggle the NR's :tongue:)

Leaving Sinday the 31st gives me 20 days

Capture.JPG

Just bought this one (as my 35+ yr old Slee Buitensport is really worn)

(yes, plenty space as I will usec it later for 2 up camping as well)

05145.jpg

1 hour ago, Dutchy said:

Rough 1st sketch, looking forward to meeting up with some of the members here (and oggle the NR's :tongue:)

Leaving Sinday the 31st gives me 20 days

Capture.JPG

It has to be Rough, Its missing an important location!:unsure:

• Member Contributer

Packing up for the trip, leaving 7AM tomorrow

IMAG4420.jpg

• Member Contributer

Lots of pictures.  We will require lots of pictures!  Have a blast, Leon.  :cool:

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Have a great trip and remember pictures or it didn't happen :cool:

• Member Contributer

Ready to rock!!

A colleague gave me a scratched up case that I will "sticker up" as I stop for gas, food, cross border. Bought one sticker specially for the occasion :-)

IMAG4426.jpg

IMAG4423.jpg

Tubeway Army???

IMG-20160727-WA0003.jpeg

Are friends electric?  :-)

Have a nice trip here north, see you in about a week + and I hope you have done a loop whit the Puma so its not that mad your taking the Redslut for this tour!

• Member Contributer

ahhhh  that brings back memories......   Saw them at Daytona Beach during bike week one year. And Marlene, I remember Marlene.....   :-)

• Member Contributer

Welcome to Denmark???

Literally JUST across the border.....

IMAG4428.jpg

IMAG4429.jpg

But hey, after rain comes......

1469973739837-155471482.jpg

Archived