The Ace Of Spades Baltics Tour 2016

Dutchy

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He probably won't beep unless he walks reaaaaally close to the scanner. 

My right femur, Tib and fib are full of ti. And a couple of years ago, a car pulled out in front of me and I chipped the end off the ulna and broke the radius into 7 pieces. But Australia has brilliant trauma sugeons. And free, so more ti in my radius. Like you, a great big plate and a bucket load of screws. 

An exercise program is really important for the rehab to your wrist and elbow. There are no specific exercises for your wrist to strengthen it, but any exercise you use your hands for helps. The more you do, well, anything helps build up muscle and strength, which helps increase stability in the joints. 

It may not get back to pre crash, but it will definately be better than having a radius that's 20mm shorter than it should be.  Unlike your elbow, which is a hinge, the radius and ulna need to roll around each other when you rotate your wrist. If they stayed as different lengths, your wrist would never work properly again. Surgery was a good choice. 

• Member Contributer

Well, the plexus anesthesia is/has worn off: I can move my arm and fingers again. So far so good.

Am on a regime of paracetamol and diclofenac, hoping I won't need the oxicodon tonite/in the coming days.

But having feeling (no pain) and motion back IS a relief.... you never know afterall...

I have a series of exercises I can do now, come Friday I start the consultations with specialized physiotherapist.

All covered, no need to re-mortgae my house (or God forbid, sell my VF500F2!!

Yes, national healthcare insurance is good, despite what Trump will say tonite (I wlll record it as it starts 3AM here) :goofy:

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, VFRBert said:

titanium screws where on discount ???

Dutchy after the doctors finish adding titanium parts :ohmy::

is0hdezzzrtt18sntdmg.jpg

• Member Contributer

The physiotherapist's name is Myrte...

here's hoping............

day_1_z9c.jpg

:goofy:

"Oh..  Mr. D....  

is this better????"

• Member Contributer

Hahahah!!! Let us know how this pans put for you. Glad you are on you way to be more bionic--but please don't feel like you have to go all the way.
C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎27‎.‎9‎.‎2016 at 8:32 PM, Dutchy said:

The physiotherapist's name is Myrte...

here's hoping............

day_1_z9c.jpg

:goofy:

"Oh..  Mr. D....  

is this better????"

She has to say" Mr. Ti.... "    :wink:

On ‎27‎.‎9‎.‎2016 at 7:05 AM, Belfry said:

Dutchy after the doctors finish adding titanium parts :ohmy::

It can`t be Dutchy! Its a Yamaha and and in line 4..............

• Member Contributer
On 29.09.2016 at 8:17 AM, keny said:

It can`t be Dutchy! Its a Yamaha and and in line 4..............

It sounds like a V4 though :-) ...

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Redslut's parts are all but a few now sold and gone, sold the right footpeg/brake assembly today.....

"She" now lives on in 4th gens in Holland, Belgium, UK, Germany, Canada and USA;  I thank you all :beer:

The radiator will be used on a FZR1000 naked build.....

Amazingly, selling her off  in parts (ok, I did spend a bit of $ on her over the years..) netted me an amount that outstripped (by 20%) what the insurance company paid me (as well) for my 4th gen (they deducted Euro 250 so I could keep the bike).

I'll keep the gear trains, pistons and valves+springs for posterity :goofy:

Left still are the starter engine, coils. "GP style" sprocket/clutch cover and a lock set (ignition, fuel cap and passenger/grab/helmet lock).

Anyone wants the oil pump?

IMAG5410_1.jpg

IMAG5329 (3).jpg

IMAG5392.jpg

I expect to settle the "personal damages" claim in December when the broken wrist will have healed as good as it will get (besides, the Lithuanian law has a few differences versus Dutch rules/practise..)

• Member Contributer
On 9/26/2016 at 3:33 AM, JZH said:

My experience is limited to my own ankle injury a few years ago, but in my case the "conservative option" was apparently chosen by someone rather incompetent, whose "conservatism" with respect to investigation allowed him to miss 2/3 of my injuries.  I can understand being suspicious of someone who stands to make money from surgery, but don't forget to be suspicious of someone whose life gets easier the less damage he finds... :unsure:

Ciao,

There is a lot of "conservatism" going around in hospitals, especially with salaried employees who get paid either way.  This is multifactorial in the US, but differential diagnosis includes laziness, burn-out, too many patients and not enough time (majority of cases), and lack of knowledge.

• Member Contributer

Ok....  I won't be using them "in earnest" but these sliders were too nice to ignore!! :goofy:

IMAG5994.jpg

19 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Ok....  I won't be using them "in earnest" but these sliders were too nice to ignore!! :goofy:

Way cool!!!! :fing02:

• Member Contributer

I went out for a little drool today.....

2006 SP2 final edition with 13k miles....

Asking price too rich for me though...

PC021342.jpg

36 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

I went out for a little drool today.....

2006 SP2 final edition with 13k miles....

Asking price too rich for me though...

PC021342.jpg

You know that I'd buy it and change the fairings.......I did import Canadian fairing into Germany after all.....and I still want an SP-2!!!

16 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

The white, silver, black is still my favourite....

Its clear what you should go for then :wink:

Archived