2014 - 2016 VFR 800 Corbin saddle now available!

VFR8G

• Member Contributer

I really want to like this and hope its good. The last Corbin I owned was a complete piece of junk that they wouldn't fix.

Looks really nice.

Looks good, I've never replaced the standard seat on any bike but looking to get something more comfortable for touring, this looks great !

• Member Contributer

Custom Motorcycle Seats (aka Melvin) do custom seats for the 800F. He will also make them bespoke as he has done for my 1200. I have had his seats on all 3 of my VFRs and I'm very happy with them.

wpe6a12531_05.jpgwp4b3eb1eb_05.jpg

too bad there is never an opportunity to try the saddle first...according to their website its almost 32 inches, that is sligtly higher than the higher stock setting and knowing corbin, the thigh area may be wider changing the reach to the ground for some.  once you buy it and you are not happy...no recourse except ebay.

• Member Contributer

I'm typically between 230 and 240lbs.  I have a Corbin and have owned sergeant seats as well as Sargeant covered Corbin seats.  I have also sat on my stock 5th gen seat 12 years old foam for 3000 miles in 4 days.  I had no issues with the stock seat.  My current Corbin is better, but the stock is fine even for someone like me.  However, I like the foam in the corbin better, it is firmer and you don't sink in so far.  Basically it is a matter of preference only--the stock seat is a good seat, not great.  If you NEED great get something else, otherwise IMO its fine.

Matt

Mean City Cycles (US) will customize your stock seat.  I haven't used them yet, but I've seen a lot of recommendations for them.  I was going to let them do my HD seat, but traded the bike away before I got around to it.

I contacted them about a month ago about the VFR seat, and they recommended memory foam for my height / weight for only about $100.  They schedule a day, then you ship the seat so it arrives in time, then they modify it and ship the same or next day, I think.  Helpful that the seat is not stuck there for weeks.  I meant to schedule mine for a week I was going to be away anyway, but forgot ... LOL 

• Member Contributer

Corbin is one of those love/hate things.  Most of the love comes from folks who are close enough to have Corbin fix the problems.  Personally I loathe them.

But having a backrest is exceptionally attractive.

I recall sitting next to a woman in a hospital, she was writhing and moaning in horrible pain in a busy ER waiting room.  Turns out she was riding pillion, pilot grabbed a handful of throttle, bike took off, she didn't.  Landed right on her tailbone.

YMMV.

I have had a few Corbin seats and have been satisfied with all of them.   The one offered for the VFR does not speak to me.   Imo it does not fit the sporty VFR image.  ..... but taste is  subjective. 

• 1 month later...

At least it's one piece, so no H2O soaking your underseat goodies. I had good luck with my 4th gen Corbin, but that had the "standard" textured leather - sorta like a basket weave look. 

I agree on the looks somewhat. The curves of the new seat are nothing like the slab look that is so popular these days. I do believe that the curves will me much more supportive though. 

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, fink said:

The under seat area in my Vfr has never been soaked and I live on the west coast of Scotland. 

Plus one.

its going to take a while to get some reviews on this seat, just not enough 14-15 VFR owners.  Although the seat looks comfortable, its specs make it slightly higher that the highest OEM setting and the width is the unknow...the seat can be any height, if its too wide your feet wont get to the ground.  close to 800 bucks with a back rest...thats a leap of faith. 

• Member Contributer
15 hours ago, fink said:

The under seat area in my Vfr has never been soaked and I live on the west coast of Scotland. 

Soaked?  No.  Wet?  Yes.

Everything in the under-seat storage area is bagged in some way so it's not a huge problem but yeah, water does get in there.  There are drain holes so no flooding concerns

Archived