Gen 4 LED H4 headlights with high beam modulate?

On 7/1/2016 at 5:45 PM, Joe Foe from Buffalo said:

Good info...but have had the shindengen sh847 series rr for years with a extra heat sink and DC could fan cooling it..  also have heated grips vest,gps,radar detector, cruise control,gsxr mirror lights,extra rear brake lights air an Hella horns,heads up display

Please detail all of what you found to save on voltage...maybe I missed a way an or maybe someone else will learn from em.

Are you sure that you have an SH847? As they are very new and have not been out very long.

• Member Contributer
On 7/1/2016 at 6:32 PM, Joe Foe from Buffalo said:

Yes I understand...forgot to add all my lights otgee then head lights are converted to leds.  Lol you must have not clicked on my earlier link...about my qualifications...so maybe this time 

I did watch your video; I don't get it!

• Member Contributer
6 minutes ago, MaxSwell said:

I did watch your video; I don't get it!

I think he's saying that he's a TV repairman and has a bitchen set of tools...

• Member Contributer

funny.. about a month after I did my LED conversion, my R1 r/r smoked (had to borrow/rig one from KKen at TMAC at the time)..  not sure if it was a coincidence or not..   got a Shindengen mosfet in there now, which seems to handle anything I've thrown at it.

19 hours ago, Burns said:
funny.. about a month after I did my LED conversion, my R1 r/r smoked (had to borrow/rig one from KKen at TMAC at the time)..  not sure if it was a coincidence or not..   got a Shindengen mosfet in there now, which seems to handle anything I've thrown at it.

1. Freeing up extra power with LEDs will make the rr have more power to convert to heat (unless it's a new series rr like the sh847), so whether your LEDs were a direct cause of the rr failing or not, it definitely did not help.

2. Any Yamaha R1 regulator/rectifier, from the last decade or so, is already a Shindengen MOSFET regulator/rectifier, but it could be an fh014 or fh020 etc... depending on the year R1 it came off of. The newer the better.

• Member Contributer

sorry, I should have stated a series-type r/r, not mosfet..  the R1 I had fitted I believe was shunt-style.   

3 minutes ago, Burns said:

sorry, I should have stated a series-type r/r, not mosfet..  the R1 I had fitted I believe was shunt-style.   

which series rr?

4 minutes ago, Burns said:

SH775 (I think)  lol..  been about a year since I wired it up.

I tried the sh775 on a friends zx6r, it worked pretty well. cooler to the touch than the stock rr, but not as cool as the fh020. I am sure it is much better for the stator than the fh020 though, as it is series and can unload the stator. The sh775 has a pretty low amp rating (35amps), so it isn't recommended for the vfr800's but I'm sure its fine for smaller sportbikes and the vfr750. I think for the VFR800 I would stick with the higher rated sh847 (50amps).

Archived