8th gen. Color

8th gen color  

54 members have voted

1. 1. what color is yours?

• Red
    • White
    • Black

Hello,

simple question, just wondering what is the % of colors of the newest VFR... mine is red (the fastest color wink.gif ) as you can see... 

IMG_5931.jpg

Is it just the picture or are your running lights really bright?

Another vote for white being the fastest. I'm glad the dealer didn't have any red in stock or I'd be wishing I had gone with white.

• Member Contributer

Got the fast Red one, but man that Pearl White looks a treat. Up to this year we only had the choice of Red or Black in Australia. Just discovered the Pearl White is now available, love to see it in the flesh. Have to say all three colours look Great.

15 hours ago, jhenley17 said:

Is it just the picture or are your running lights really bright?

Another vote for white being the fastest. I'm glad the dealer didn't have any red in stock or I'd be wishing I had gone with white.

I think I had high beams on, iPhone pic

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, Grum said:

Got the fast Red one, but man that Pearl White looks a treat. Up to this year we only had the choice of Red or Black in Australia. Just discovered the Pearl White is now available, love to see it in the flesh.

I had the choice of all 3 colours, initially red was going to be my 1st choice, black second (as my last 2 bikes were black and wanted a change) and white 3rd. After seeing the white though, when the light hits it is superb. I still traveled 50 miles to another dealer to see the red in the flesh, but thought it was too light a shade. Had it been a deeper, darker red I would probably have went for it.

TBH, never thought I'd buy a white bike. GF had it as her 1st choice too, so really my earlier thoughts were irrelevant anyway..........

I98VPAf.jpg

3mkxZ8C.jpg

My black beastie next to Grum's red beastie. If anyone in or visiting Melbourne has a white beastie we can get to join in for a photo-comparo, let me know! :-D

• Member Contributer

Motorcycles are red.  Black ones get totaled because they're black.  It's just a matter of time.  See that one in the avatar, it got wrapped around a tree and yours truly just took a little slide to the shoulder, stood up and hitched a ride home.  Shoulda hit that damned huge dog that stood there like a statue in a blind corner.  Yeah, I got another red bike this time ; )

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2016 at 4:58 PM, Grum said:

Got the fast Red one, but man that Pearl White looks a treat. Up to this year we only had the choice of Red or Black in Australia. Just discovered the Pearl White is now available, love to see it in the flesh. Have to say all three colours look Great.

G'day mate,

Are you sure white is available down here in Australia?

Website still only shows black or red available and I've yet to see a white 8th Gen on the street (Melbourne).

http://motorcycles.honda.com.au/Sports_Touring/VFR800F

Have emailed both Honda Australia and a larger Honda dealer with the colour question but neither replied. I guess Honda must be selling shedloads of them already :mellow:

I went with red because I'm not a fan of metallic paints having had trouble getting paint to match in the past to repair the stone chips and scratches every bike picks up. The Victory red is the same as on the Fireblade and CBR.

I do like the RC30 vinyl overlays I've see on the white though... 

• Member Contributer
On ‎21‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 11:31 AM, pepito said:

G'day mate,

Are you sure white is available down here in Australia?

Website still only shows black or red available and I've yet to see a white 8th Gen on the street (Melbourne).

http://motorcycles.honda.com.au/Sports_Touring/VFR800F

Have emailed both Honda Australia and a larger Honda dealer with the colour question but neither replied. I guess Honda must be selling shedloads of them already :mellow:

Hi Pepito.

Attached picture of showroom floor model, Pearl White is definitely available in Aus. Bike is at Advantage Honda (Hoppers Crossing). Ride away price is around $14,000.

Go Get One.

Cheers.

Grum.

IMGP0514.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

All the colors look nice enough....but I think I will wait until they do a Red/ White/ Blue option like my '07 Anniversary, or one that mimics the legendary RC30.  I might have to sell my 6th gen for an 8 at that point!

But judging by how slowly the 8th gens are selling in the USA (not much better than the 6th gens later in their life to be fair), I seriously doubt this will happen.

Archived