Paris

Skids

• Member Contributer

Off to Paris with Mrs Skids Friday morning on the 1200 for the weekend.

Channel Tunnel tomorrow lunchtime and 3 hours to Paris. Will probably stop in Amiens for a coffee mid-afternoon.

Forecast looking dry, finally!

• Member Contributer
Off to Paris with Mrs Skids Friday morning on the 1200 for the weekend.

Channel Tunnel tomorrow lunchtime and 3 hours to Paris. Will probably stop in Amiens for a coffee mid-afternoon.

Forecast looking dry, finally!

Lucky bastage!!!!! Have a cheap bottle of Vacqueras and a good cheese with baguettw for me please. And pics maybe??

C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Didn't manage the Vacqueras but a couple of cheeky Crozes Hermitages! France is a great place for bikers. The toll roads are empty and cruising at 90+ is expected (limit is 81) and they seem to disregard many rules with accomplished ease. The city was pretty good for riding too with a scooter carving a path in front of us everywhere we went. Drivers are so used to them pushing through any gap that they don't seem to care any more which is such a difference to riding in the UK where it is clearly an affront to their manhood if a bike tries to overtake or get ahead.

Interesting to monitor the fuel consumption 2-up with full luggage at decent cruise speeds too. On the way back to Calais it was around 8.7 miles/litre yet back home, it was maintaining 9.9 at the same speeds. The only noticeable difference was a strong headwind in France. The tank range is still a little too low for my liking but other than that, I love the 1200.

Archived