New to me VF1000FF - change of plan

Ascalon

Well, as I posted here before, I had some great ambitions to acquire a VF1000F and update it with modern running gear.

Having seen a a CBX1000 hung with CB1300 suspenders, it looked really well.

Then, while looking for bits for another bike on a German web site, I found an ad for a VF1000F that stood out.

It was an 87 model that had been rebuilt and mod'ed by a dealer over there as his personal bike and a bit of a showcase for the shop.

Rebuilt engine, oversize pistons, weighted and balanced with new conrods. New cam chains and uprated tensioners.

Top end oiling kit, crank and cams all polished and nitrided. K&N filter and iridium plugs.

Wilbers 640 shock. Forks have nitrided stanchions and custom spacers with Wilbers spec springs and oil, with deactivated anti-dive mechanism with no pneumatic support. Telefix fork brace. Brembo brake discs, braided lines all round.

There's also a manual fan switch and oil pressure and temperature gauges, MRA screen, Rizoma grips and bar ends

There's a custom single seat unit and 1000R tail lights.

There are a few, ahem, personal touches from the previous owner that will have to go, but over all, it is a highly sorted and capable bike.

After long conversations with the owner, I took the chance and bought it sight unseen.

A local company flew it home and it was delivered a few weeks ago.

Between work and holidays, I only got it registered here a few days ago, but have been riding it for the last two days and I love it.

VNk2Fz.jpg

UsgKsz.jpg

TqVQ57.jpg

There's still scope for a wheel change, and possibly going the whole hog with the CB1300 front end, but at the moment, I'm really happy with it and it keeps the original look.

It also came with a few extras, such as the original seat, a complete spare engine in bits and a set of single footrest hangars!

A

Archived