Golden / Silver State 2016 - September 10 & 11, Kernville, CA

BrianF

It's time again. For the 4th straight year, I'll attempt to corral many of the usual VFRD suspects for a weekend. Bring your radiator guards and eggs.

Dates were set after asking last year's participants - so if you don't like them you should've gone last year! Work commitments will require this to be 2 1/2 days for me - ride down afternoon of 9/9, then this:

9/10: https://goo.gl/maps/t6qJDUnorCS2

HOTEL: Kernville Inn, Kernville, CA (as of 8/24 they're full - book Kern Inn, Kernville as alternative)

9/11: https://goo.gl/maps/czqeY59KeL42

HOTEL: Shaver Lake Village Hotel, Shaver Lake, CA

If you're in SoCal please chime in - we'll give some consideration to making it a basecamp ride rather than point-to-point if there are a lot of you.

Thoughts? Objections?

IN:

Brian F (NorCal)

St. Stephen (NorCal)

tc339 (NorCal)

RichVee4 (Nevada)(partial)

MonicaVee4 (Nevada)(partial)

RC1237V (NorCal)

crazybro (NorCal)

SFdownhill (SoCal)

PURPLE HEART:

ecn (NorCal)

Motivation:

27213279180_08b9225e77_h.jpg

18361828240_bc668bde65_h.jpg

20915327040_03f39d7a18_h.jpg

21076980516_571315944c_h.jpg

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

In.  

Sort of a sidebar but

if Mike treated this as his day 3 and 4, it would fit nice with his day 5 and 6.

1 hour ago, ecn said:

In.  

Sort of a sidebar but

if Mike treated this as his day 3 and 4, it would fit nice with his day 5 and 6.

My thoughts exactly. Meant to include that in the first post.

• Member Contributer

In.  We will likely come down Sat and meet the group at Shaver Lake then ride Sunday together.       

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, BrianF said:

Nice! Getting a solid group together. Now we just need some new recruits...

I know a few who might want to attend, although they're not forum members, they're good peeps. I'll see if they're open to coming along.

• Member Contributer

I'm in.  Kinda hoping I can meet up with you guys in Three Rivers... Similar to last year.  I'll be able to do the entire day this year though... 

2 hours ago, JMS said:

Any thoughts on hitting Trimmer Road? 

We did Trimmer the first year I think...and maybe last year? It's an awesome road, I just remember the connector from there to Shaver was a bit goaty. I'm always down for that weird shit though.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, BrianF said:

It's an awesome road, I just remember the connector from there to Shaver was a bit goaty. I'm always down for that weird shit though.

That's why we're bringing eggs.

I'm in as long as I can get it squared away with work; I'll figure that out tomorrow and post up if I'm for sure in. If I do join, then I may try to plug in this route on the front and back-end of this ride. Any other SoCal riders are welcome to join in the extensions! 

P.S. Did the forum purge a bunch of old posts? I couldn't find the ride report for one of the older rides and noticed my post count went way down.

• Member Contributer
50 minutes ago, Stucky said:

I'm in as long as I can get it squared away with work; I'll figure that out tomorrow and post up if I'm for sure in. If I do join, then I may try to plug in this route on the front and back-end of this ride. Any other SoCal riders are welcome to join in the extensions! 

P.S. Did the forum purge a bunch of old posts? I couldn't find the ride report for one of the older rides and noticed my post count went way down.

I know there was some report of missing files/pics but don't know if whole post got lost, quite possible. I do recall there being a mention of some post being reset, not sure if it affected everyone or just a certain number of members.

• Member Contributer

In some more .... for the Sep 12,13 extension to prewitt ridge via Hiway 25, Carmel Valley.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to do the full extensions that I currently have planned. Due to testing at work I might have to blast up from SD late Friday, then back down to SD on Monday. I'm still hoping to join the official 2-day ride, but still need to work through a couple of details with work. Sorry dudes!

What is the date and approx. departure time from Kernville?

Slightly confused:

9/10 map link shows your route to Kernville.

9/11 map link starts at Shaver Lake.

• Member Contributer

9/10 We ride from Kernville to Shaver Lake

9/11 We ride from Shaver Lake to Georgetown

Getting to and from the ultimate starting/ending points is whatever route you decide. I will probably cut across the valley on Sunday, since the trek home from Georgetown would be tough after 8 or 10 hours riding......or maybe spend the night in Georgetown....

• Member Contributer

I will leave early (5am), going down highway 1, and up 46, hit Rossi's driveway (CA229) then 58 to 178 to Kernville. I was going to switch up the route this year, but it was so much fun, and every other route involves slabbing it for too long......Ed, do you want to join me?

22 minutes ago, RC1237V said:

I will leave early (5am), going down highway 1, and up 46, hit Rossi's driveway (CA229) then 58 to 178 to Kernville. I was going to switch up the route this year, but it was so much fun, and every other route involves slabbing it for too long......Ed, do you want to join me?

I'm not sure what my Friday is looking like but I might be down to join you. 

Archived