Sportbike Track Time Group discount.

MiniCarver

• Member Contributer

Looks like a bad weekend for getting a group discount. I think that we should just pay as individuals and call it a day.

If they give you guys grief about having to start in Novice AND YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH THE TRACK PACE AND MAINTAINING YOUR LINE tell them that you last did a track day with them in 06 or 07 and you run Intermediate group.

I know you two will be okay with the group and not do something stupid to ruin our session (like fall and lay on the track unconcious - thereby causing others to lose their 20 minuts that hour).

What do you think?  Will you arrive Friday night, I can get the basement for 2 nights and we can leave the bikes in the pits and take the truck back and forth.  I am planning to arrive on Thursday and put the awning on my trailer.

• Member Contributer

So, should we go ahead and buy the tickets today?  I've got prep to do if we're doing this.  I also have to find a full face helmet.....

Would they leave us in novice the whole weekend if they start us there?

• Member Contributer
12 hours ago, CornerCarver said:

Looks like a bad weekend for getting a group discount. I think that we should just pay as individuals and call it a day.

If they give you guys grief about having to start in Novice AND YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH THE TRACK PACE AND MAINTAINING YOUR LINE tell them that you last did a track day with them in 06 or 07 and you run Intermediate group.

I know you two will be okay with the group and not do something stupid to ruin our session (like fall and lay on the track unconcious - thereby causing others to lose their 20 minuts that hour).

What do you think?  Will you arrive Friday night, I can get the basement for 2 nights and we can leave the bikes in the pits and take the truck back and forth.  I am planning to arrive on Thursday and put the awning on my trailer.

I'm starting to get frustrated with multiple "upgrades" I want on the VFR to make it track ready:

1.  Bar end sliders with lever guards (only to find that I ordered the wrong part from Woodcraft and I will have to remove the Honda cores so they MAYBE fit if the bar is the right inner diameter: 5/8").

2.  Removal of center stand (which will probably screw up my suspension settings).

3.  How anal are they about coolant?  Kimball expressed concern that regular use of Engine Ice or equivalent may reduce lubrication of water pump and hasten its failure.

4.  Meanwhile, I need tires, brake bleed, air filter, and the aforementioned safety wiring.  As it turns out, Moto-D's recommended oil filler cap that is pre-drilled for safety wiring is the wrong size for the VFR (too small), but it fits great on my CommuterBike500.  I am trying their "Vintage" model after measuring first (duh).

Matt is enjoying his own conundrums about his helmet, tapered steering head bearing torque values, and when to install (gasp) non-PR2s on his bike.

• Member Contributer

Don't get too concerned with the engine ice and WP lubrication. I don't use it for that reason and I have passed a tech inspection with just EI in the reservoir but not sure that will fly everywhere. It is only required to change from standard coolant if you advance to Intermediate which is not always necessary to have a good time unless there are a lot of very slow novices that day. Just change the coolant if you want to go intermediate and refill one radiator when the track day is over, easy. Centerstand removal is recommended, not required, unless you go to advanced, which is a lesson in futility on a VFR usually.

• Member Contributer
12 hours ago, whitelightning said:

CMP for July does not show up anymore on STT's website.  Looks like we waited until it was full.

6 hours ago, whitelightning said:

Let's plan on road Atlanta.  As long as it isn't the same week as the fall meet.

The weekend didn't fill up. They just called us back and they cancelled the July 2-3 weekend at CMP due to low registration. :unsure:

We are getting prepped for the August 6-7 Road Atlanta dates.  It is more expensive than CMP and you should run stock gearing instead of +2 rear or -1 front but I am looking forward to it.  I will check on some room rates and see if we can get a hampton inn close by.

• Member Contributer

We are going to edit the front page of this and see if anyone else can make the magic 10 number to get a 15% group discount from STT.

• Member Contributer
22 hours ago, whitelightning said:

I've got one that wants to go with us, not on here.  Maybe another also.

Road Atlanta sounds good!  I'll be ready!  Let's purchase early, set a cut off date.

Agreed. 

On 6/21/2016 at 9:13 AM, kebrider said:

Don't get too concerned with the engine ice and WP lubrication. I don't use it for that reason and I have passed a tech inspection with just EI in the reservoir but not sure that will fly everywhere. It is only required to change from standard coolant if you advance to Intermediate which is not always necessary to have a good time unless there are a lot of very slow novices that day. Just change the coolant if you want to go intermediate and refill one radiator when the track day is over, easy. Centerstand removal is recommended, not required, unless you go to advanced, which is a lesson in futility on a VFR usually.

Not sure I will want to go Advanced other than I won't have to worry about novice riders holding me up.  The Superbike school usually has a number of slower riders and it is only frustrating when they form a gaggle.  You either have to pass them all or run through the pits.

• Member Contributer
21 minutes ago, 007 said:

Agreed. 

Not sure I will want to go Advanced other than I won't have to worry about novice riders holding me up.  The Superbike school usually has a number of slower riders and it is only frustrating when they form a gaggle.  You either have to pass them all or run through the pits.

We ride intermediate, not advanced.  

For the novice group there is no passing for the first couple of sessions and the instructors riding within that group will grade your improvement and let you know when you are cleared to pass on the straights. For STT Novice there is never passing allowed in the turns.

You are welcome to start the day (or finish the day) in Novice but I think that you will be more suited for intermediate after you are comfortable with the layout.

You had my attention with Road Atlanta there for awhile.  Alas, I will be away with my bride celebrating 35 fun filled years of marital bliss.  You gents have fun and maybe I'll catch you on the next round.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Baileyrock said:

So did i miss this event??? :blush:

No. STT cancelled the July 5-6 dates due to not enough registrants.

Then a move happpened about 6 months before I was planning it so I have busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest since late June.

Archived