Anyone interested in 5th Gen suspension upgrade components? (Note: all SOLD)

It's a bit premature, but a fellow is showing interest in buying my 2000 VFR800, but...he's not interested in buying the bike with the suspension goodies on it.

If he contacts me he's good to go with the sale, then I'll be pulling off the parts and installing the OEM items.

What I'd like to know if anyone would be interested in a Traxxion-Dynamics cartridge kit with 1.03 Kg/mm springs and a Penske 8983 rear shock (currently with 1300 Lb/inch spring)?

The fork cartridge kit allow full range of adjustment (preload, compression, and rebound). The Penske 8983 shock I'm sure most people know what it's about.

If he pulls the trigger on the bike, I'll be posting them in the classifieds eventually, but it would be nice to find a good home for them as I won't be needing them afterwards.

• Member Contributer

You will certainly find the right home for them at the right price.

Price would be the biggest thing for people. Also, I have a set of stock forks (and others may as well), that would trade you plus money for the complete forks on your bike instead of pulling the cartridge kit out. That makes it easier for everyone.

• Member Contributer

Vulchers are circling.:tongue:

• Member Contributer
22 minutes ago, wera803 said:

You have been here long enough. Did you really expect anything else? LOL

Yep. Yep.  I'm right up there with you.  Circling :goofy:

Interested in the Penske, depending on price. I have one on my mt09, so one for the Vfr would be good. 

• Member Contributer

Yes, the international vultures are circling!  I am in need of a good rear shock, too, but I cower in fear of international shipping charges, customs handling fees and import duties...

Ciao,

• Member Contributer
2 minutes ago, JZH said:

Yes, the international vultures are circling!  I am in need of a good rear shock, too, but I cower in fear of international shipping charges, customs handling fees and import duties...

Ciao,

I am heading across the pond next week.  First to Estonia and then to Franfurt....let me know if you need a mule. :-)

Sure interested in the shock and the cartridge kit - please let me know if they end up on sale!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
On 5/24/2016 at 5:50 AM, CornerCarver said:

I am heading across the pond next week.  First to Estonia and then to Franfurt....let me know if you need a mule. :-)

As long as you don't have to carry those parts internally....

• Member Contributer

Estonia.......   That place has (at least in the 90's)  the highest % of good looking females per square meter of all the countries I have ever visited.... 

(see my sig line....)

So do bring your camera....

I am hopeful that my mule will be coming over this summer too!

:-)

Sorry about taking so long to update the thread, but I was waiting on feedback from the potential buyer if he truly wanted the bike.

Just a short while ago, I received a call that the buyer is indeed wanting the bike, so I'll be pulling off the shock and cartridge kit and installing the OEM internals.

Now that the sale is in the works, I'm going to collect some photos of the items for those interested.

Since this is in a general discussion thread, it may be best to post the goodies in the classifieds, or would you all prefer to keep this thread going?

And thanks for your patience.

• Member Contributer

You might do a sealed bid...have everyone send you bid via PM.  Gives the vultures a shot fairly, but you get true market price...just sayin.

• Member Contributer
13 hours ago, wera803 said:

Post it to the classifieds with a price per the board rules. If you want to make it a bidding war, put them on eBay.

This.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently bought a near-pristine, Mostly stock, 2001 vfr800 w/2Bros. CarbonFiber exhaust...and 32000 miles.  Turns out the stock-shock is toast...or actually oatmeal.

She could really the Penske...and a few other farkels.  Happy to be riding again.  Had a '98, and (2) '94s I the past.  Love the breed.  Can you help?

• 9 months later...
On 5/27/2016 at 5:15 PM, SubSailor said:

Sorry about taking so long to update the thread, but I was waiting on feedback from the potential buyer if he truly wanted the bike.

Just a short while ago, I received a call that the buyer is indeed wanting the bike, so I'll be pulling off the shock and cartridge kit and installing the OEM internals.

Now that the sale is in the works, I'm going to collect some photos of the items for those interested.

Since this is in a general discussion thread, it may be best to post the goodies in the classifieds, or would you all prefer to keep this thread going?

And thanks for your patience.

Update, the AK-20 cartridge kit is SOLD.

Penske 8983 shock SOLD.

Well, the shock was bought yesterday. So no more suspension parts.

AK-20 Cartridge Kit_VFR800 (98-01).jpg

20160602_110826.jpg

Archived