RapidBike Files Anyone?

TallCarver

I have had a RapidBike hooked up to my '03 for a year or so. I'm recently trying to plug back into the laptop and I get an error : Tuning Bike/RapidBike not connected [20]

After trying a few different things and not having it pick up the bike when I plug in, I'd just like to ask anyone who runs the rapidbike software if the default maps for the system are good. I had a map running on the bike and I had it set up to auto-tune my engine for performance as I ride.

Obviously, without it being able to detect my bike, I am unable to verify that its functioning properly or that it has a good map. I was even considering running an economy map for commuting.

Next request... if anyone has their rapidbike files handy, can you send them to me? I want to try a few different things, even though I know that I can't really upload the maps you send to me because the software doesn't read the bike at the moment.

Thanks!

• Member Contributer

First up, can you confirm you are turning the bike on ? The Rapid Bike module, does NOT get powered by the USB like a PC3/5 can.

Can you confirm that when plugging the USB lead into the PC does it bleep or otherwise give an indication of USB attachment ?

Older versions of the RB software could detect RB module once ignition was turned on if the software was running already, but the newer versions require the USB to be attached to the PC, ignition on, then start the software on the PC.

Also seems to be an issue with the autotune adaptivity not populating to the RB map when selected to do so in the latest version, so now I've remembered I will log a call with Dimsport.

You can use any PC3/5 file info you like to set baseline maps. I used my old PC3 custom map on my RB Racing module when I first got it & tunned the fuelling from that as I added other mods.

I have to plug in a USB?

I joke.

I turn the bike on and run it. When I plug the USB in it gives the audio acknowledgement that it's plugged in. The software is telling me that it is not plugged in. The rapid bike module itself is functioning.

I thought I had tried running the program both ways - program running before and then turning the program on after it was running. I'll check that again and verify. I'm thinking that may solve my problem.

• Member Contributer

Well if you have the optional Bluetooth conenction, then no you don't need the USB :)  Try connection with the ignition ON, engine OFF !  I always find I can't start my bike if the RBR is connected to the PC, soon as I pull the USB it bursts into life on the button. I can then plug it back in & its fine.

• Member Contributer

This potentially sounds like a usb driver issue. Is it the same computer you were using before and if so did you upgrade the OS (like switch to Windows 10 for example)? You can also try another USB port. Often they are not set up the same way and some devices will only work in certain slots.

Archived