Po Po Current Activity

Bent

• Member Contributer

Anyone with experience as of late know the Po Po situation in places like Blood Mtn,, Cherohala Skyway, and all the favorite roads we ride around TMAC?  The Cherohala has always been infested with the money gatherers.  Blood Mtn. looks so filled with bikes, I don't see how they can keep it under control on weekends, and other twisties anyone rides.......

'  

• Member Contributer

We're headed up there tomorrow. Not gonna make it to blood mtn or the surrounding area, but we'll be around the Cherohala, 28, the gap, etc. and will report back.

Guess I need to pick a weekday to break the speed limit across blood mountain. I mean, to maintain a safe and reasonable pace through the mountains. 

-PRB

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, PirateRiderBen said:

Guess I need to pick a weekday to break the speed limit across blood mountain. I mean, to maintain a safe and reasonable pace through the mountains. 

-PRB

Exactly, that's what I mean, a ride, of course, at the speed limit at most.  They're always (sometimes) there to help us.  ; )

Interested in hearing other experiences.    

• Member Contributer

They can be a little touchy at times, was pulled over last year on my ZX9R for having my tag mounted sideways on my swing yard. No other reason , just letting me know it needed to be put back in the "stock" configuration?! Right!  

19 minutes ago, Ultimatevfr said:

They can be a little touchy at times, was pulled over last year on my ZX9R for having my tag mounted sideways on my swing yard. No other reason , just letting me know it needed to be put back in the "stock" configuration?! Right!  

That is technically illegal here in the great state of NC. Just another revenue generator for the govt 

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Ultimatevfr said:

He was letting you know what a menace to society you were.  After all, a sideways mounted tag means people have to know how to read sideways to read your tag.  Worse yet, they have to know how to read.  

Some places just attract squid, and cops come to feed on them. :squid:

Imho, you just gotta chill if you ride there on a weekend.

Better, ride there on a weekday and avoid it on the weekend.

Around here that would be Mulholland Hwy around the Snake and the Rock Store.

Also, Angeles Crest Hwy. Both awesome roads, but overpopulated at times.

Lucky me, we have other roads less ridden that are also good. :sleep:

Archived