Torque values confirmation

• Member Contributer

It appears that the Honda service manuals that used to live in the download section are not functioning anymore, I'm guessing because of the changeover.

So, I've just swapped out my sprockets and chain and want to make sure my Clymers is correct and that my interpretation of their nomenclature is correct as I had to look in 3 different places for 3 torque values. This is what I found.

Front sprocket bolt 36-39 ft lbs

Rear sprocket bolts 24 ft. lbs

rear pinch bolt 40 ft. lbs

If someone with a Honda service manual can confirm this it would be appreciated. I'm about to do a 800 miles in northern Maine this week end and there are some big stretches without cell phone coverage.

3 hours ago, FromMaine said:

It appears that the Honda service manuals that used to live in the download section are not functioning anymore, I'm guessing because of the changeover.

So, I've just swapped out my sprockets and chain and want to make sure my Clymers is correct and that my interpretation of their nomenclature is correct as I had to look in 3 different places for 3 torque values. This is what I found.

Front sprocket bolt 36-39 ft lbs

Rear sprocket bolts 24 ft. lbs

rear pinch bolt 40 ft. lbs

If someone with a Honda service manual can confirm this it would be appreciated. I'm about to do a 800 miles in northern Maine this week end and there are some big stretches without cell phone coverage.

Hi Michael,

Here's what's in my "After '93" FSM: Drive sprocket bolt (10mm thread) - 38 ft-lb

Driven sprocket nut (8mm thread) - 24 ft-lb (apply oil to threads & mating surface)

Bearing holder pinch bolt (14mm thread) - 40 ft-lb 

Have a fun trip!

Cheers,

Glenn

Archived