PRB's 3rd Annual Fall Ride (Oct. 6-9th @ Greene's Motel, Boone, NC)

PirateRiderBen

19 hours ago, 007 said:

Maybe, just maybe, they will let me ride with them on a stupid commuter bike. 

Ohooooooo....I do not recall the Ducati Caballeros making any disparaging remarks about your stupid commuter bike!  Well....maybe we said it stinks like TimmyTheCop, but nothing else.  :goofy:

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, whitelightning said:

Trace, we could always just move the meet to Gatlinburg...  

Jeeeeeeeze.  I'm embarrassed that I thought Pigeon Forge/Gatlin would be a fun place to go, but I have to blame Norm.  He KNEW how fukd that place is, yet still went along with my very bad idea.   I'd rather stay at the awful Greene Motel for a month than EVER set foot in PF again.   Gawwwwd.....

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I had to put a reminder on my phone for tomorrow. I've been meaning to call everyday but there's so much knowledge crammed into my brain that I can't seem to remember.

3 hours ago, PirateRiderBen said:

August 16th is the cut off!

That shitbox motel has the audacity to have a cut-off date? 

• Member Contributer

Spoke with the exuberant lady at Greene's and have booked our room. See you fine people in the month of pumpkin spice everything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like I'm going to be attending this fine event!  Right now I'm looking for a cabin to rent for the week preceding the meet.  (The thought of staying in a similar motel to the old Franklin Inn for a week is giving me the willies........) 

Very excited to hit the awesome roads again!!

Ooooh! a PAIR o' Kanadianz!  That's exactly a 100% increase from last year!  Can the area/group take such an increase?!

• Member Contributer

This is shaping up to be quite an event. I can't wait to see all you fine, **cough** upstanding, **cough cough** folks again.

2 hours ago, PirateRiderBen said:

I doubt my VFR will make it. Found out today I'm going to need to re do the front brake calipers, and might as well do the rear too!

Talk to Matt. I hear he does great work. :goofy:

• Member Contributer
On 8/13/2016 at 2:39 AM, timmythecop said:

Ken talked me into it.  Plan is to ride down.  Just gotta check with my wife and she is not in this country right now.

She said it's fine, no need to ask her.....  Just plan it, put your foot down!  Tell her how it's going to be...  Let her know who wears the pants in that house!  She doesn't read the posts on here right.......?

20 hours ago, whitelightning said:

She said it's fine, no need to ask her.....  Just plan it, put your foot down!  Tell her how it's going to be...  Let her know who wears the pants in that house!  She doesn't read the posts on here right.......?

over to Facebook I go - a letter to MRs Decoppe is in order.........

Archived