Anybody do track days?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
11 hours ago, paulmeisterpk said:

Are all 3 of those shots you?

Yes :) 2 at Miller in Utah, and 1 at High Plains in Colorado.

• 4 weeks later...

This bike does very well on the track, I still have stock front forks so its not entirely a weapon yet for me but it is more than adequate for any track. It might not win any races that it could even qualify for but is a hell of a lot of fun to ride and listen to. Its also a great learning tool if I should move on to either a lighter bike or a 1000 knowing how to throw that extra weight around.

Thank you, I think I need to get my head/chest down and forward more and keep my outside knee against the tank. Its hard to think about it when focusing on everything else. Most of the photos were from novice and the pace was pretty slow but there is no way I can push this bike hard without good body positioning. 

11247863_823064347782555_509179824_n.jpg

11372233_1456877697943164_673863992_n.jpg

13732298_1250602208283615_1634978474_n.jpg

12166161_10100365351491329_1287510139_n.jpg

13413053_10100473401677889_2767380711477546894_n.jpg

11093084_356003107930869_1251972546_n.jpg

I'm part of the Eh Team.... It's supposed to be had to find us.  Lol

- Built a house

- Full rupture of my Achilles tendon

- Site wouldn't let me log in

- Too lazy to send emails to fix it

- got a message from wrestler last week

Finely able to reset password and log in. 

I think it covers everything.

Good to be back.

FYI Tumbles is doing his 1st race this weekend.

7 hours ago, Poncho said:

I'm part of the Eh Team.... It's supposed to be had to find us.  Lol

- Built a house

- Full rupture of my Achilles tendon

- Site wouldn't let me log in

- Too lazy to send emails to fix it

- got a message from wrestler last week

Finely able to reset password and log in. 

I think it covers everything.

Good to be back.

FYI Tumbles is doing his 1st race this weekend.

Awesome, the Eh Team lives on!  :cheerleader:

20 hours ago, Baileyrock said:

Awesome, the Eh Team lives on!  :cheerleader:

Tumbles qualified for 2 races today....  2nd place in each of them.  At least he is consistent!

Race day tomorrow.

I guess that's the next step up from trackdays.

Go Eh Team!

3 hours ago, Poncho said:

Tumbles qualified for 2 races today....  2nd place in each of them.  At least he is consistent!

Race day tomorrow.

I guess that's the next step up from trackdays.

Go Eh Team!

Hey not bad, but be sure to tell him that 2nd Place is the First Looser! :wink:

• Member Contributer

Gets one's blood pumping seeing all this track-fiendishness. As an alternative to blue masking tape [I've put plenty of blue tape over motorcycle lights/signals], check out TAP Plastics' polyethelyne tape for covering lights and turn signals. Applied carefully, it stretches around compound curves and cuts easily - just slide a sharp knife or razor blade gently along the seam between bodywork and lens.

http://www.tapplastics.com/product/repair_products/adhesive_tapes/polyethylene_tape/407

I didn't know TAP made a clear version of the tape until I looked up this link - clear could be the hot ticket. My cousin/track day conspirator turned me on to it. I used the black TAP tape on my GSXR's lights and signals during my 'wilding year' of track days [Looked great with the black/gray bodywork]. I didn't take the bike out on the street for more than a year, so I never took the tape off. When I finally removed the tape, it came off steadily and left absolutely no residue.

• Member Contributer
On 4/26/2016 at 0:01 PM, Sweeper said:

Looking good.

I'm about 60 miles north of Barber's. I've been planning for years to get there for a track school. Life continues to get in the way.

So get on with it already.  Keith Code goes there, so you don't even need a track bike.  You could look like this if you joined me at VIR:

IMG_9314.JPG

4 hours ago, Baileyrock said:

That is member Sebspeed, the Yankee Flyer. 

That pic never gets old. 

• Member Contributer

I attend the May 2-day Keith Code Superbike School every year.  Well worth every penny.

1 hour ago, 007 said:

I attend the May 2-day Keith Code Superbike School every year.  Well worth every penny.

I've never done any type of Riding School, I bet it would be a blast and maybe even learn how to ride! :blush:

• Member Contributer
21 hours ago, Baileyrock said:

I've never done any type of Riding School, I bet it would be a blast and maybe even learn how to ride! :blush:

Pretty sure you're doing something right, my friend.  The main benefit I would see in the school for you would be body positioning.  Then again, that doesn't matter so much on the ST or your newly found desire to be responsible. 

The school has turned into a thinly veiled excuse to be "safer" going fast.  At this point, I'm just feeding the speed monster.  I am going to need a Grom for a constant reminder of personal responsibility on the street.  The 500X at WOT is satisfying, but still too fast. 

The school usually posts the schedule for the next year around Thanksgiving or a little after.  Earthshake was talking about going to the 2 day school this year.  I will post up when the schedule is available.  It is usually a week or two before TMAC.  They have been going to Vegas for the past year or two over the winter time, which is really tempting. 

On 09/24/2016 at 6:55 PM, Baileyrock said:

Hey not bad, but be sure to tell him that 2nd Place is the First Looser! :wink:

Baileyrock,  race day is done and Tumbles did good. 

1st race he was in 1st from the start until the last lap when he go held up in lap traffic.  He ended up with a 2nd. Not bad at all for his 1st race ever.

2nd race......  Well Tumbles made his 1st appearance in years. 

He is a little banged up but not broken, unlike the bike. 

Hope that doesn't bring back any flashbacks of your trackday for you lol.

20160926_152229.jpg

Archived