May 7Th Bay Area Roll Call Ride - Fact Or Fiction?

BrianF

Hey weirdos, due to Jeff's unfortunate meeting of Y2k and pavement, his April roll call ride never manifested.

A few of us talked about doing a May 7th ride as the first one of the year - anyone still interested?

Planned route:

https://goo.gl/maps/DSA55Bo8cdp

Meeting Point: Chevron, 999 E Grant Ave, Winters, CA 95694. Don't care when you arrive but KSU at 9am.

Old thread for the zero people who are interested in it: http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/82988-bay-area-roll-call-ride-2016/page-4

IN:

BrianF

ecn

jlpvfr

St. Stephen

bayarearider

tc339

crazybro

Is that Road House brisket I smell? In

By the way, the last time I went through Gualala, Bones was closed for the season. I was accordingly displeased.

After a quick Google search today, it's not only closed for the season, it's closed. What. The. ____. :sad2:

I am planning to spend the night in Healdsburg Friday so will start out with you. I will head to Mendocino at the end of 128.

Sweet!

Damn I really want to. Still having a lot of problems trying to heal from my injury in December. Gonna try to go on a quick ride next weekend for the first time in 5 months and see if I can even sit on my bike without being in pain... I'll let ya know how it goes.

• Member Contributer

Good day, gentlemen (I use that term loosely).  Eight weeks today since my unfortunate failure to keep the rubber side down.  Finally gaining some reasonable function in my right arm.  I won't be joining you on this one, being about 6,000 miles away on the west coast of Africa, but for sure I'll be following your posts this summer.  First order of business is to get a reliable internet connection with an acceptable level of performance.  No fifth gens in these parts that I have been able to confirm, but there are a half dozen or so sixth gens on the local equivalent of craigslist.  A bit pricy, they are, but the possibility exists. 

Back in the states late this year, but I have some repair work to do on my bike to make it roadworthy.  Best wishes to all.  Be sure to post pix and video of your ride.

Jeff  J.

• Member Contributer

Jeff, I haven't met you yet but I am hoping for a speedy recovery! 

This ride looks amazing but I don't know if I will have the viffer back from Evolution by then. Im getting a suspension upgrade done for the first time ever on one of my bikes.

Have a great ride gentlemen!

14 hours ago, crazybrother said:

Brian, I'm going to try and make this one... 

Cool, just text me if you can't make it. Would love to see the Multi (and you haha)

• Member Contributer

Apparently since I no longer own a VFR...:) I no longer receive email notifications, so if anyone needs to contact me. Here's my email: crazybrother@hotmail.com

Okay kiddies, forecast is showing anywhere between 20% and 50% chance of rain.

Consensus opinion needed - rain-or-shine or reschedule?

I'm fine either way I think, I usually like to risk it haha

I think I have everyone's phone number so I'll start a group text tomorrow. Just text me Saturday morning if you decide to bail. 

I am watching the weather closely.  My plan was to drive to Healdsburg late Friday then start out Saturday early, rain is forecast Friday afternoon. Don't want two rides in the rain. I will text you Friday if my plans change.

Archived