Yet Another Chinese Fairing Thread

Gregg

• Member Contributer

I am sure you will be happy with the fairings, just take your time fitting them, like any aftermarket piece they can be a little off. I think mine was due to the bikes brackets not being straight
:wacko:
just keep reminding yourself   Where else can I get new 5th gen fairings at this price
:beer:
:beer:

I AM excited about them.  Your post did help to calm my nerves a bit.

I don't have anything current, but I did manage to find a picture of the bike in an email.  Sorry for the poor resolution, it's just a screenshot.

Though you cannot tell from this picture, the paint also had rainbow flecks in it.  Basically it sparkles.  The previous owner mentioned that he had done it in hopes the wife would ride with him more.  I'm not really sure it worked in his favor.

gallery_8526_7670_384177.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

hahahahahaha

when a wife mentions "sparkles",

she means diamond (ear)rings,

not a paint job.....

SUCH A ROOKIE MISTAKE! :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Quite right, Dutchy, they are tricky creatures to understand...

12019921_10153318260884811_6378578840952

• Member Contributer

hahahahahaha

when a wife mentions "sparkles",

she means diamond (ear)rings,

not a paint job.....

SUCH A ROOKIE MISTAKE! :goofy:

Hahaha!

Thank you for laughs this morning. I assure you the Previous Owner is NOT Me.

Actually it doesn't look that bad on the bike. I kind of got used to it, but I will be happy to go back to the gorgeous Italian Red.

• Member Contributer

No major update at the moment. I did receive final confirmation on what I want in the order (Just the full fairing kit, Red, no decals)

So the big waiting game begins.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Just a quick update (well, not really).

The last correspondence I had from Auctmarts was April 16.  So 12 days at this point.  Based on other members experiences, I would expect something from them in a week or so.

• Member Contributer

More of an update!

I woke up this morning to an email from Auctmarts, letting me know that the fairings were done!  They said I should have a tracking number in a day or 2.

Here are the photos they sent me!

19A9F684@C1801F44.3B3C2857.jpg

19AAF684@C1801F44.3B3C2857.jpg

• Member Contributer

Woke up this morning to a tracking number in my email!

Can't wait!

• Member Contributer

The tracking info became active this morning. Just need to wait it out. 

Pictures will get posted when they show up, and I'll try to take some during fitting. 

• Member Contributer

The fairings are in the US and have gone through customs / been passed off to the USPS.

I expect to have them by the end of this week at the latest!

Update: Checking the tracking information it seems the package is Out for Delivery.  Looks like I'll have some gifts when I get home tonite.

• Member Contributer

I'm not sure what happened yesterday, but the package was out for delivery, then got bounced around.

HOWEVER:

They are here!  Just confirmation from the girlfriend who is working from home today.

Now I'm like a kid on Christmas.

• Member Contributer

She knows not to open the box. She knew they were about to be delivered. 

That is my plan when I get home. Inspection and lots of photos. 

Oh can't wait for those pics. My hope is that someday they make kits for the 94-97...

QLO7y.gif

I'm interested in the fitment of the fairings.The P.O. of my bike put some EBay fairings on and whomever made them needs to learn a thing or two about manufacturing. Or three. I know Honda fits best, but it's also what, $2500? If I ever sold it I don't think I'd even get that much for the bike.

• Member Contributer
21 hours ago, atx said:

Oh can't wait for those pics. My hope is that someday they make kits for the 94-97...

QLO7y.gif

Haha.  I inspected them quickly to make sure there was no major damage in shipping.  Everything looks good.

The lighting sucked as I was indoors, but I'm hoping this weekend to get them outside and take some nicer photos for everyone here.

• Member Contributer
20 hours ago, Lint said:

I'm interested in the fitment of the fairings.The P.O. of my bike put some EBay fairings on and whomever made them needs to learn a thing or two about manufacturing. Or three. I know Honda fits best, but it's also what, $2500? If I ever sold it I don't think I'd even get that much for the bike.

That is my concern as well.  I don't think the color is a perfect match for stock, but I'm ok with that.

I priced out the OEM stuff and I think I was at 2000.  So for a fraction of the price, I figured I'd roll the dice.  The other threads here regarding 5th gen sets from Auctmarts did help to assuage my fears a bit.

However, it would be nice for someone to make an injection molded set.

• Member Contributer

If they used the same paint on your panels as on mine, the match is 99% perfect, maybe just a touch more orange. I honestly don't notice the difference. In this pic the fairing and mudguard are original.

IMG_2110.JPG

• Member Contributer

Thanks Terry!  That looks pretty darn close to me.  I picked up a 6th Gen Italian Red tank to swap on, so I'll be able to compare this red to that.  I scored what I think is a good deal and cheaper / easier than getting the current tank painted.

I know I owed everyone some extra pictures, but the weather in NJ has just not been cooperative.  The significant other also goes out of town this weekend so I am hoping on Sunday I will be able to dedicate some time to this and get photos in the sunlight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

This update is a long time coming!  Between work, the crap weather, and the honey do list, I just haven't had time to work on the VFR.  With the long weekend, that finally changed! Although, it's been almost too hot!

I have been fighting with bleeding the brakes since I upgraded to a Spiegler kit.  I have those all sorted out, so I moved on to fitting the fairings.  I have only gotten the tail fairing, and the two side fairings on.  The tail fairing fitment was disappointing as it was too narrow for the brake light housing.  When I flipped it over after attaching the screws, I could sit it starting to crack the seem.  The 2 internal mounting holes also did not line up.  Lastly, they must have had a strap connected to hang it during painting, because when I took it off, there were big holes in the paint.  I have already emailed Auctmarts hoping I can do something even though it's been a while. 

The side pieces went much better. The holes lined up very well, but needed some slight opening.  So far, that's basically all I have done, plus drilling them for Radar's sliders.

Here are some photos!

IMG_20160529_165805.jpg

IMG_20160529_165808.jpg

IMG_20160529_165813.jpg

IMG_20160529_170300.jpg

IMG_20160529_170306.jpg

IMG_20160529_172907.jpg

IMG_20160529_172929.jpg

IMG_20160529_182319.jpg

IMG_20160529_182556.jpg

IMG_20160529_190217.jpg

• Member Contributer

I finished getting these all fitted yesterday.  I took pictures and I'll get a longer update here.

The short is - the Fitment basically sucks.  Same experience as Fonque here - 

It's definitely just a 10 foot job.  I would not be upset if I go down and these get trashed.  On the other hand, the fit is blech, so I probably wind up reaching out for some quotes to get the OEM set repaired and painted.  There is a small crack or too.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to read about your woes. I ended up scrapping my chinese tail piece and had my factory one repaired and painted with the tank. My chinese tail piece fit okay, until i tried to install an oem solo seat cover on top of it. It was gap city! There was absolutely no fix or adjustment to be done.

Archived